Tone down Psyker's visual effects

Seriously, trying to melee hordes when there is a Psyker in the team is exhausting. Whenever they use their blue flames, this is all you can see on your screen; blue flames…

And their AoE explosion skill is not much better.

For the sake of those melee players who want to keep their eyesight, please tone down Psyker’s visual effects!

2 Likes

Yeah, I recently posted about this in “performance feedback”. The contrast is too high and the heretics don’t properly light up when on fire in the darkness. I find it way too hard to see the heretic animations. I’m using an OLED /w HDR so the contrast is extreme.

2 Likes

I feel bad any time I use the Trauma staff because as effective as it is at keeping your teammates completely free of hordes, holy crap seeing the visual effects constantly must be infuriating. Why teammates need to see the targeting reticle is beyond me, it’s helpful in some edge cases but generally just adds visual clutter and scares the crap out of your teammates.

I think there’s a fair case to be made for keeping Psyker’s effects intact for the person playing as him, and disabling the targeting reticle for Trauma and making the flames/Trauma explosions only about 30-40% visible or something for every other player on the team.

1 Like

Hi!
We will be reducing the intensity of the Soulblaze visual effects in the next patch!

8 Likes

Ohhhhh! That’s great news! Thanks, Catfish!

Same here, add the strobe effects of psyker staves and power sword swings and you’ve got a recipe for disaster.

It’s worth repeating that between the psyker stuff and power swords there are a lot of strobing/flashing effects that really add to the eye straiin, even causing nausea and some forms of optic nerve overloads and epilepsy.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.