To all the noobs who don't know how to play

rushing ahead and dying is not a good strategy
ignoring all the resources (ammo, healing) is not a good strategy
ignoring specials is not a good strategy
immediately shooting the demonhost is not a good strategy

7 Likes

Similarly if your team, even one person, wants to kill daemonhost, YOU GET TO KILL IT NOW OR IT IS Y O U R FAULT when your team loses. This game is full of cowards who dont do side obj and then flame others who do, its lame and childish. Just cause YOURE not good enough for a grim doesnt mean the rest arent, doesnt mean that THE PERSON GRABBING IT is bad or “always wants to lose” nah. Were used to SOME SORT of competency (vermintide) and now were playing with little b**** made bots that wouldnt even know how to cope if they had grims to grab EVERY map. I agree with you, clear the room, be prepared, start Daemonhost together, but if it is YOUR SKILL that does not meet the standard, DO NOT blame the person who expected you to carry your weight in that difficulty. If grabbing Grims, and killing daemonhosts is too hard for you; play a different game. :joy::heart: (not directed at you OP, just some skissue copium from the community that desperately needed adressing.)

1 Like

Bruh. Grim impacts everyone. If someone in the party says they’re not comfortable doing both grims, you make it a one-grim run.
If they’re not comfortable doing ONE grim… well, they probably shouldn’t have queued for grims. Keep an eye on them; nervous people make mistakes and it’s best if a more experienced player is on hand to pull their ass out of the fire.

3 Likes

I agree. However most of this stems from teammates not using voice, or even chat, coms at all. Along with not reading the mission requirements. They have a solo gamer mindset for a game that is clearly designed to be played as a group.

1 Like

Bro SERIOUSLY every group I do gets pissed I want grims, and everyone skips the Daemonhost. SO LAME. I just pull it because if I don’t they will skip. Of course I say I’m gonna pull it though.

I can understand skipping the daemonhost since you don’t get anything for killing it, but it is pretty annoying to have people cry about grims when they’re a common weekly mission.

4 Likes

People who wake the DH clearly has never play l4d. I lose 2 runs in Malice because noobie trigger-happy Vet immediately fire upon the witch when I ping them AND before I could type in chat to NOT WAKE THAT B**CH UP

That’s not true. I played L4D and only the STRAIGHT UNITS killed the Witch. The Witch was easier to nuke down though. Even had “Crowned” achievement for 1 shotting her with the shotgun. That’s why I want to kill the Daemonhost. Be a GAMER.

2 Likes

Maybe they can add some sort of incentive IF YOU DO kill the Daemonhost. Like some sort of buff or have it drop materials or something idk. But everyone skipping it is really lame. It’s almost like it’s there for nothing.

1 Like

Maybe they should, but it’d have to be pretty good to get me to want to fight it.

The only “gamer” outcome is that two people on your team who aren’t you get murdered and you get to duo/solo until the next rez spot.

Being one of the people who gets murdered sucks and there’s not really a fight to speak of. It’s a tank and spank gearcheck boss, but you’re on a team with randos whose chances of even having enough damage output to kill it are 50/50, at best.

3 Likes

If you don’t like grims, you shouldn’t have queued for a grim run.
I queue for grim runs because I need grims. I’m not stopping at 1/2. I’m going for 2/2.

If you don’t like that then leave and find another non-grim match.

1 Like

How do you kill a demonhost on damnation, without having a ogryn with shield in your strike team? Otherwise i agree with everything else.

Yeah. But it’s cool killing it. So that’s why I do it. I guess other players will want an incentive. I just see it as part of the game. A bonus for killing it would be nice. But as it stands, avoiding it all the time is super lame.

1 Like

Thats because people jump in quickplay hoping to skip part of the game.

Or earlier there was ZERO heresy missions available so I got stuck doing quickplay.

Wish I could just pick my missions the same way we had in VT2 and now some RNG bullsh!t on rotation. Its like the whole fvcking game is just a rotation of RNG.

My first encounter with DH resulted in an achievement, it did go so well for the guy who shot it though.

Why the heck would you EVER fight a deamonhost willingly? It literally gives no side-objective bonus. Even if you kill it, you’ll have 50% corruption.

What is the point?

It’s like playing left 4 dead and insisting on killing the witch, then getting pissed when the rest of the team calls you a bloody moron.

2 Likes

That’s the neat part. You DONT.

1 Like

The voice lines in the actual game even says “Don’t wake the deamonhost.”

What you are doing is akin to griefing.

1 Like

Flexing on daemonhosts , Saltzpyre would be proud.

1 Like

ngl mate, it sounds like you expect total strangers to always know how to handle something that isn’t even recommended to fight if you don’t have a slab. If you want to be sure fighting the witch clone of this game always goes smoothly, play with your mates. If you just decided to wing it, pulled that thing, and your team of randoms ends up suffering for it, then yes, that’s your fault. Bad experiences, I assume, from the general tone and childish manners of your post.

4 Likes