Thunder Hammer Charged Heavy

I know the T Hammer has a lot of problems but I am actually begging for the charged heavy to be an overhead swing instead of a sweep, it would probably be my favorite weapon if you could actually use the charged heavy effectively.

2 Likes

This is the kind of thing they would do with a second pattern of hammer. Which they SHOULD do. More patterns of hammer means more swings and slightly modified stats. Just like Catachan blades.

1 Like

Either or. Weird how things like the axe have 5(?) versions meanwhile the iconic weapons are stuck with 1. Outside of Necromunda or Traitor Guard, I’ve never heard of people in 40k using a normal axe.

Fun fact: Psyker’s Force Sword had a variant of it that was cut from the game and they also used heavy sword, you can see it in Psyker’s spotlight video before the game launched.

I suspect most of the 40k signature weapons had a similar thing going on, I remember seeing the names of variants for Thammer, Eviscerator and many other signature weapons early on when the breakpoint calculator pulled weapon names straight out of the source code.

2 Likes

TH pattern is a straight copy from VT2, but the thing is in VT2 its working bcuz zerker bardin has hilarious attack speed + pretty much everyone use attack speed buff on weapons, and in DT its just frustrating, guess just switching light-heavy pattern might fix TH. (e.g. lights should be those sweeps left and right, and heavies should be overhead attacks like light right now.)

The problem I see with this is that the left right attack pattern has cleave used to deal with bigger groups, switching that to a light attack would make it useless because it would always stop in the first trash mob it hits.

no its not if u just make it have same cleave values as Turtolsky XI sword…

Pattern is fine, numbers are problem.
Heavy attack has less cleave than f-cking axes with brutal momentum AND it is slower.
In V2 Zerker bardin or Kruber Merc could take the hammer and clean house.
PLUS it was an AMAZING super armor (carapace) opener, nothing dealt as much and as accessible anti-super armor as Hammer.

In DT the TH is a wet noodle that is only impressive when charged … AND that is only for Single target.
It needs an increase of all numbers by atleast 20% to even begin to compete with swords and axes, not to mention its charged attack must act differently when its overhead (single bonk) or sweep (sweeping bonk)

EDIT and no this wont invalidate power club since that too should work the same, but also needs to be buffed. It is good at control sure, but a sword/axe user kills the enemies meanwhile bonk user plays with them

1 Like

I wouldnt’ say that, honestly I absolute wreck things on Thunder Hammer…

BUT… and argument could be made that its because of the Blessings on the Thunder Hammer I specifically use.

The real problem with it is that you need these blessings on it to be able to consistently wipe out Hordes on the heavy swings on higher difficulties. It will after the first couple swings take down hordes almost as fast as Power Sword. But short of those blessings and perks you may not be able to.

That’s about 60-90% power on your swings.

The real thing it needs though, is to be able to cleave through 2-3 normal targets on the Activated Heavy Swings. The real reason it isn’t used much is because it is constantly body blocked by small trash on the Charged Heavy swings when swinging on Elites you are intending to hit. So it literally REQUIRES Flamer usage to hose them off. in order to actually use it on Elites for most people. If it didn’t have this one problem, I wouldn’t have to use Flamer and could take other Ranged Weapons with it.

Also have a good 1500 hours into Verm 2, and have already developed the skills to use the weapon. I’d wager few others will ever even get the skill required to use it and be as precise to be able to hit Elites without getting body blocked.

So it will remain beyond the reach of most people to even use it in the first place. Unless that changes

No it wont. It wont even be in the same league for TTK.

The hammer, after building a few stacks of various buffs, is still only killing like one thing per swing. Its cleave damage is a joke.

Frankly, thats fine, darktide is a different game than VT and the hammer is a special/elite/armor sniping weapon. Have horde issues? Bring a gun for it. What is wrong with the hammer is two fold:

1. No variety in swing patterns
  2. Secrety service agents intercepting powered swings thus, ironically, making the thunder hammer the worst flak/carapace blob clear in the game.

Which is exactly what you said. So we are in consensus.

1 Like

Nah those were people reading it wrongly.

Taking the major points that confused peoples:

Force Staves in the datamine have 7 files:

Some people though those were all different weapons, but they are instead different actions, and most if not all weapon have 3 files in their set. Here we have

p1_m1: Mouse 1 pattern 1, most likely the Bubble attack
p1_m2: Mouse 1 pattern 1, One of the charge attack, but not the Purgatus (So Surge, Trauma or Void)
p1_m3: Mouse 3 pattern 1, Special attack (Melee one that is on all other staff)

Then we have:
p3_m1: Mouse 1 pattern 3
p4_m1: Mouse 1 pattern 3
Who are the remaining charged attack of the Surge/Trauma/Void staves.

And lastly the Fire staff which has 2 different attacks
p2_m1 for the light attack and p2_m2 for the Charged one

For the Thunder Hammer and the Force Sword we have:
Respectively Attack, block and special activation/buff

But there was a leaked 2h Force Sword, a 2h Power Sword, a Mace, a 2h CHain Axe) a Melta and a Longlass

1 Like

Incorrect,
We’re talking Horde Mobs here. And heavy swings damage with those Blessings and Perks. After the first few swings its taking down a lot more than just 1. While I appreciate you wanted the base damage on targets after the first increased, I am not going to lie to do so.

Not that i have seen. I have a similar, if not better, hammer than you do. I will see about testing it in the range later.

While I appreciate you wanted the base damage on targets after the first increased, I am not going to lie to do so.

What a strange behavior. Why would you assume my intent here? Especially when i directly stated the opposite. And then to impune my honor by accusation of subterfuge?! The shame is not mine but yours, sir! A duel to the death at first toll of the sacred bell in enclavum barros!

Weird, I’m pretty sure I remember seeing Thammer & Force Sword having multiple differently named variants of it on the BP calculator, like actual names but whatever.

Just gonna highlight this one Force Sword variant that didn’t make it into the game, it’s at 1:09 of the Psyker spotlight video

If the elite is not a crusher who towers over others, I dont believe you can hit a similarly sized target when it is surrounded by mass. That would require you to micro adjust the height almost frame by frame.
Unless we you mean situations where you can hit the elite cuz its rushing ahead etc.

With the same power/cleave stacking talent I will clear that horde with turkolsky faster OR take an axe with brutal momentum and well masacre them anyway.
Thunder Hammers niche ist power up heavy attack , ult, bonk boss and then just be there.
And its a real shame too, it feels so hefty and strong to swing but it deals laughable dmg

No I quite literally can get i there and whack the Rager or Mauler on a charged heavy… but then I’ll be stuck in a couple of mobs on the reset in a difficult to dodge position, and will probably take a hit or two. I just know the weapons strike zone that well… BUT that of course is why I mentioned that you have to use it in conjunction with Flamer so you can avoid that… so it locks you into using Flamer.

Others likely wouldn’t be able to do that in the first place.

Might just have been a move set change, it’s the Light attack followed by a heavy attack (But in game they switched it to the Heavy overhead if it follow a stab instead of side strike.)

Wouldn’t be the 1st time

There’s also the fact that Force Sword uses a diferent model on top of a different attack animation on top of the video also showcasing the regular Force Sword that we use ourselves. So I’m convinced it’s a different force sword that was cut for whatever reason. A single attack being different is enough to warrant it being a variant, like we can see with the catachan sword and heavy sword.

Possibly, but it doesn’t confirm it

Also does any of the weapon pattern change the shape of the weapon except the Rumbler/Kickback and the staves ?

Alright I went ahead and recorded a little video. I chose poxwalkers to demonstrate the total damage on second and third target after 5 rising conviction stacks and five stacks of Slaughterer. I do not have Thrust on this hammer (or any hammer) but I expect the possible 30% power buff isn’t enough to matter. Unless someone can prove to me it does.

Frankly I still don’t see this as a problem. It kills something every hit, wounds hordeboys. Its bad horde damage but good horde stagger. I can bring a flamer, shotgun, autogun, autopistol or whatever to deal with hordes. Or I can even bring a friend. The problem with the hammer is purely in its high value swings being intercepted by low value targets.

The solution to this has been proposed in multiple places - give powered heavy swings some ammount of cleave against low value (hit mass? I dunno) targets. Discharge when cleave runs out or a high value target is hit.

You are correct. There is a two handed (or bastard) force sword in the files that appears to be cut content. Someone broke their way in and posted screenshots of the model rendered over a power sword.

More content to come, one day.

Yeah, all of the axes change based on pattern. heck even the heavy swords and catachan swords change based on Mark.