Third person revive animation

My favorite change from vermintide was removing the change to third person for the split second revive animation… why? What is the point of changing the camera angle to revive someone? Especially for such a quick animation?

This game does immersion so well, I will never understand this decision.

So you know when you’re about to be hit by a horde of enemies. It’s practical

2 Likes

If that were the case the game would be in third person, no?

no.

points at Vermintide and Left 4 Dead

2 Likes

Blockquote
no.
points at Vermintide and Left 4 Dead

I don’t understand what you are "no"ng

if the game is in third person? I don’t think it should be that was sarcastic.

my original post? are other games doing something a good argument for another game to do the same thing? if that is your take, what do you like about the third person cam in left 4 dead and vermintide? if it’s the same thing as CultofZAL I’d question why you want the game to feature a first person camera at all.

Darktide is Vermintide set in the 40k universe instead of the fantasy setting. It’s literally a translation and update to 40k.

The same mechanic where you go to 3rd person when helping up a teammate is in Vermintide.

Blockquote
Darktide is Vermintide set in the 40k universe instead of the fantasy setting. It’s literally a translation and update to 40k.
The same mechanic where you go to 3rd person when helping up a teammate is in Vermintide.

I know that and my original post implied that I know that.

Should it undo all the other changes to Vermintide as well? This game certainly doesn’t play like vermintide (and imo, it’s mostly for the better)

stating that another similar game by the same developer did something isn’t by itself an argument to do it again.

I honestly wouldn’t want to play this third person; the death camera giving you third person means, while you are locked to an animation, you get more information than usual in first person. You’re not in third person always because that would look awkward particularly for a melee heavy game and they still want most of the information you get coming from what your character can see, now what you see around your character.