THE TRAITOR CURSE PART 2 - Coming December 2023!

The second part of the Anniversary Update lands before the winter holidays!

We are excited to announce that we will be releasing The Traitor Curse - Part 2 before the winter holidays! Continuing the first anniversary celebrations of Warhammer 40,000: Darktide, this second part of the free anniversary update adds new features, additional content, as well as fixes and improvements to the game.

The Traitor Curse Part 2 includes:

• New Consumables - Stimms: Loot four different Stimms from the field to aid you in the fight against the heretics; restoring health, boosting damage, increasing speed or hasten cooldown regeneration
  • New Weapon Marks: Quartermaster Brunt has new weapon variations available to diversify your playstyle introducing, amongst others, the foldable Munitorum Mk III Sapper Shovel and the Agripinaa Mk XIV Quickdraw Stub Revolver with its fanning technique
  • New Mission - Warren 6-19: explore The Carnival’s back alleys and destroy the Moebian production facilities
  • Time-Limited Combat Encounter: The Karnak Twins have been sighted ambushing strike teams across Tertium
  • Quality of Life: among several tweaks and fixes brought to the game, we have adjusted the Veteran talent tree based on player feedback to make the keystones quicker to reach
  • Ne - - - REDACTED: Expl - - - ola - - - disp - - - at - - - orr - - -

In case you missed it, here is a reminder of features we added with The Traitor Curse Part 1 free update, released November 14, 2023:

• New Cinematic: Learn about the motivations of the Moebian 6th and discover The Carnival, a new disreputable zone promising transgressive distractions and entertainment
  • New Zone & Mission: Strike at the heart of the Moebian 6th operations and fend off hordes of enemies in Mercantile located in The Carnival
  • Inspect Feature: Inspect player loadouts within the Mourningstar and in the lobby
  • Veteran Talent Tree Update: adding Keystones and several tweaks and changes to the Veteran tree (due to these changes, Veterans have seen their talent tree reset and players have to re-assign talent points)
36 Likes

I feel like there are difference between the 2 pictures (Not counting the blurriness)

4 Likes

Interested to see the patch notes :smiley:

1 Like

Its real! The myths were true!

2 Likes

gib new revolver now plz

1 Like

Do I spy a new Chain Axe variant!? Yes, please!

3 Likes

fear

13 Likes

What does time limited encounter means? Are they available only for some time or you have timer to kill them in mission?

The Karnak twins are ambushing strike teams? Are they going to be a roaming duo boss? That sounds awesome

10 Likes

Disappointed about no new weapons, just new Marks…

8 Likes

Sure looks like it!
I got my chain axe review button ready.

3 Likes

Cool, new marks of already existing weapons

everybody's-so-creative-tiktok

9 Likes

Yeah, really no new weapons at all would be a shame. Though if you remember the announcement before the armory update we all thought we were only getting 2 new patterns and we got like a bunch.

4 Likes

Guessing here:

Need backup, Explicator Zola dispatched at… I don’t know. Orr.

5 Likes

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO! Looking forward to this. Im liking the idea of the Karnak Twins ambushing strike teams.And i do wonder whats going on with the good Explicator…

Explicator Zola disappeared at what now?

Because disappeared clearly starts with disp

I am smart

2 Likes

what does amongst others in the weapon section mean? we get more stuff then the revolver and shovel?

1 Like

We eatin’ good

2 Likes

I mean, they pretty clearly state only new “weapon variations,” and the little ad banner they have only says new weapon Marks. Would be weird to include full new weapon families if that were the case.

Yes, especially because we can already see a new Chain Axe variant previewed.

1 Like

The psyker keeps having dreams about them being a gene stealer and the last vox comms had Zola heading out in search of Wolfer (who is known to corrupt others). Basically confirms Zola is the next heretic in our midst.

Also can I get human power mauls finally? We need a new archetype of weapon not more variants. But a sapper shovel without horde only moves would be better.

2 Likes