The Skitarii / admech request archive

Look how adorable this is:

Don’t you just want to cuddle it, and have it hug you back? And then have it hug your enemies.

Hey all, I was playing Rogue trader when this came up. About to invade this world, I believe, and I’m “leading a council of war.”

Thought this might be a good example of what “defective” skitarii being reclaimed by the inquisition might look like. Scrap code is w40k for a computer virus, (more or less.)

Worse, scrap-code are Chaos, Warp, Dark Mechanicum and even possibly Abominable Intelligence tainted code. It’s usually a ‘living’ thing itself, analogous to the Nurgle things that infect Tertium systems but existing completely in the noosphere.

Chaos forces will broadcast scrap-code on a wide-band as they invade to infect any system, even and especially Dark Age of Technology systems to cripple the system they are invading. Imagine a hive city’s infrastructure dating all the way back to the DAOT’s colonial era failing because it wasn’t hardened against scrap-code.

Skitarii have been scrapped for less though, it’s just that scrap code infection is usually grounds for immediate disassembly if not incineration.

I feel like the Skitarii are on the Chaos side than used by the Inquisition here.

Not sure if it’s really a valid example for what we would be having

Still think that picking Tech Menials/Adept/Acolyte is much better in the long run, as it would keep it flexible, and keep it as a Reject.

Excellent point!

Yes, Skitarii recently flipped to Chaos by the scrap code. Later they surrender, saying they can’t face off against my magnificent heroness, (this is literally what they say, not making it up to be short) and I’m allowed to disarm them and them prisoner and there is talk of a tribunal.

So yeah this would work in the story. They (maybe even these specifically) are taken offline, shipped to Mars still pretty messed up, wake up on Atoma instead of Mars with Hadron looking down at them saying “We think we’ve gotten it all, but I still find it an unacceptable risk as the percentage chance of some remaining is low but non-zero.” “Grendyl thinks those odds are good enough.” Reject Skitarii who (in their hearts) remain loyal.

at this point, after all this feedback adding ‘not skitari’ character would be akin to selfshooting for fatshark. There is still possibility we wont get any new archetype whatsoever, but this is just the best opportunity for paid dlc one can dream of

I hope you bought your own bodyweight in lebkuchen. Damn I LOVE that stuff. Pure Christmas in a soft, glazed biscuit :heart:

TBH I was mostly focused on the chiliwurst, the fondue, and the crepes.

But I did also buy a brick of nougat to take home.

Yeah… but have you been here long? That’s what they do most of the time.

That’s sort of a dumb statement, some people said the same with not adding new character in VT2.

Sure it would sell, but the cost behind it would also be big. And then there is the Cosmetic monetisation that is also causing some issue (Microsoft not having ‘Dlc’ for ‘Dlc’); and FS mostly wanting to keep content free and instead selling cosmetics.

Could it be something worth doing, yes, definitely.

But it’s not a small thing

It’s worth reading more carefully. I never said they 100% should and would add new character. This is what second part of the message is about. I merely said: if they going to add someone it should be skitari because of all this feedback.

aye… im trying to be positive)

That would fall under GW’s choice, but Skitarii might be too restrictive lorewise in favour of a Tech Adept, which could obtain a Skitarius’s weapon, cosmetics and even have some Skitarii themed personality, while being able to grab other things.

having new classes to create skins for the smartest thing they can do monetary wise

You better believe I am gonna dump more funbux into admech cosmetics.

Wouldn’t really wanna do that for a non-admech class though…

They’d have to work double time without breaks to f*k up ad mech themed cosmetics.

…I’m not saying that as a challenge!

You seen the mastery skins? They couldnt even get the cog pattern right on most weps, nor the color scheme. If it’s free, Fatshark will make it underwhelming. If it costs money it’s 50/50

I said that wasn’t a challenge!

It was always going to be a challenge.

2 Likes