The new ranged meta - a prediction

This post wasn’t for you. Not really. It was for everybody else. Push attacking into a horde with the greataxe is suicide into cata with the current screwups of the slot system
The DR isn’t reliable and so should be circumvented. Barge is better because it can be relied on 100% of the time.
The pick hits meaty far far earlier in general and in cata specifically into chaos hordes and beast hordes specifically and has no ability on it’s own to deal with shields which hordes spawn with and in great numbers.
How meaty? How early?

As in the push attack follow up. You can and will get stuffed into beast hordes. As for playing the game. With how frequently this is reported we must not even be playing on the same planet, my friend. If only twitch download was faster I could show you, at length, the frequency of this occurrence.

tsk tsk tsk. As I’ve said before, there aren’t many maps I have left in Cata to clear. I’ve used greataxe since I’ve played this game. You can read my old thoughts back when 1.08 hit Slayer in 1.8
All of my sore spots in general did get addressed (if we ignore that they then went above and beyond and made slayer overpowered with the temp on kill talent)

I was kind of only asking to see if you knew of some magical build that could take some of the pain away. There’s various things I haven’t tried including various configurations that involve 1h hammer and the throwing axe and frankly I can’t be bothered to try since I no longer enjoy this game.
But 2H axe and Pick I’m quite intimate with. With various tweaks to both push range, guard shields, and stamina regen tried over the course of what my recent activity says is 103 hours. I am quite intimate indeed.

And as an extra bit of fun, during a stream I got grabbed by two leeches in total. At the time I was about 20/80 that it was my fault leaning on the 80% I screwed up. Watching this footage again, nope.
The sound of beastmen of all types drowns out the sound of a life leech teleport. Sound of a flag bearer putting down his standard also drowns out the sound of a teleport going down. At 300% volume I still can’t hear the darn things. Go figure Maybe I should just copy paste The 4 S's: Sight, Sound, Spawns, and Specials - #18 by Darth_Angeal
into a new thread. Half this crap applies again now.
Edit: And again the sound of the flag bearer chants drowns out the rattling of a warpfire thrower. Excellent

Anyhow sorry for wasting yer time.
Edit:
Oh that’s right. Push attacks.
here you go
https://streamable.com/soqvy

• Team gets split by some gas and I get cut off falling back to what I thought was an alright defensible position.
  • Dispose of an enemy that either got behind me while I was meat grinding or popped up out of thin air
  • Do shove attacks with my great axe because I still was of the mind that it was safe reliable pressure
  • Get hit by an enemy in between shoves (which I guess fool on me for not still spamming dodge mindlessly)
  • Get downed by an enemy that either slipped behind me while grinding or popped up out of thin air

That run was relatively cursed though. Unlimited horde music, silent hordes, the aforementioned silent specials, roller skating Chaos Warriors and a myriad of other nonsense just outside of our control. There was a point that we were going down the stairs. A metric ton of beastmen climbing out of the walls and dropped down on us, the horde* music then starts, the boss music then spawns, and then we get 3 disablers.
That’s just death.

There’s two other spots in that relatively short session where I get stuffed pushing a horde with my back to the wall from an enemy in the direct immediate area in which I pushed
30%+ by the way.

Here’s another one.
https://streamable.com/svi9s

But in this is the case, I’m assuming of just missing the push.

Enemies are coming my way. I realize charges are no longer tenable. I step forward walking closer in with my guard up with the intent to push, I push out at them, and I’m hit by the enemies queueing their running attacks. Again. Probably just missed so no sleep loss. There’s two others I’m thinking about. But frankly I’m done going through this. Err. And by this I mean my recorded game.

2 Likes