- It’s melee attacks have good single target damage, with armor piercing, allowing you to focus on more cleavy melee weapons/weapons with little armor piercing
- It’s virtual infinite ammo, so you don’t have to be troubled with your ammo economy
- The light attack chain proc bleed damage, if you want to take advantage to the level 10 talent
- The charged melee attack with Infiltrate deals monster damage on par with Sword, Axe, Dual Swords, Greatsword or Glaive, only beaten by Dual Daggers and the second Sword and Dagger heavy.
- You can also reliably proc Barrage against monsters, at the very least x2, but you can go to 5 easily with a single reload (reloading all 3 javelin after throwing the last still give you enough time to throw the next one on the Barrage time frame)
There are still other good and probably better loadout option for Shade, but the Javelin is definitively in competitive territory imo