Thanks for even being here, CMs

I’m not an air traffic controller or underwater welder but I hear those jobs are moderately more stressful than chatting on a forum all day.

1 Like

Still irrelevant to the topic/discussion. Dude started trashing CMs about the state of their job. Brought “liberal” into the picture. Irrelevant.

He’s just a bitter worker that hates his job and envies anyone in a different position than he.

1 Like

This. Anyone who ever worked in customer service once in their life knows that it’s part of the job.

I wouldn’t even mind threads like these if they did a proper job communicating but they either have a mouth gag set by management or simply don’t want to engage in arguments where they know that the people have an undeniable point. Either way it’s simping at its finest.

Or maybe he just thinks it’s funny how soft and spoiled too many people have become.

Doesn’t matter. His replies break the guidelines he agreed to in signing up for a forum account.

Eh sure whatever

You’re allowed to critique the studio, my methods, etc, but if you can’t provide constructive critique and reply to people appropriately, don’t participate in this forum at all.

5 Likes

Can you elaborate on the decision that we as an audience are going to be too overwhelmed to comprehend a non rotating store?

It comes off as just implying we’re all too dumb to choose for ourselves. Which doesn’t make much sense considering most people are familiar with online stores far more complex then the Commodore’s Vestments interface.

Feels very out of touch with the feedback overwhelmingly suggesting we don’t want that.

Maybe they think their audience might be overwhelmed by it because they find it overwhelming? Based on everything I’ve seen of them so far that would be my guess.

I mean, Aqshy is active here, as is Hedge, if they were allowed to say something on the topic, they would, to be fair.

Yes, also, off-topic from the point of the thread. There’s an entire post covering the store mechanic.

I don’t think that’s entirely true at this point boss. We can disagree. I think it’s a perfectly valid question.

I replied to the Community Manager because she replied here, In a thread that I’m in.

Am I breaking a rule?

Actually, yeah. Replies are meant to be pertinent to the topic of the post. Yours is not. You’re pork-barreling something unrelated in because someone showed up and said something.

You want an answer, you can just DM Aqshy herself or go to the post dealing with your topic, because no one is going to search for an answer to your question and expect to find it buried in a thread dealing with CMs’ role.

I figure DM’ing a community manager is probably more intrusive so that’s why I replied to a post she made.

I figured a post concerning community managers wouldn’t be the wrong place to discuss the game with a community manager on the game’s general discussion page but If I’m wrong I’m wrong I guess.

Didn’t really see the harm being caused and still don’t.

Fidel, there’s no harm. I just think the guidelines are in place to preserve the integrity of posts being kept on-topic. Tbh, I’m interested in the answer to your question, too. :slight_smile:

I get that, but like I said I don’t think it’s that off topic to ask a CM a question in a thread celebrating them for their responsiveness y’know? lol.

Also In my experience, a private message is much more prone to be ignored.

not to answer this comment specifically but while we clearly disagree on other point about how much reproach should be adressed to FS for the state of the game, we do agree about the need to respect the CM and how much thanksless this job can be.

Job of a CM is to keep the community pacified, if they’re having to interact a lot, it tends to lean towards damage control.

The job of a CM is to handle and placate the community they were hired to interact with. Thanking them for doing their job is very nice of you but also silly.

If you thank the CMs for doing the job they are paid to do make sure you are also thanking EVERY single person you interact with during your day to day.

Food workers, grocery store workers, mechanics, dry cleaners, landscapers, the list goes on and on and on and on. Make sure you are thanking them too because you are very nice and want to make sure how much you appreciate them.

1 Like