[Suggestion] Versus Contest/Event (for when it launches)

According to some FS employees, no one within FS can beat the QA team in Versus. This has got me thinking about a possible Versus contest for when it does officially release.

The contest details can be later determined by Fatshark themselves to however they see fit.

I hope it would work sort of how March Madness works and hope that FS makes a bracket to place on their website to keep track of the winners.

Scenario One
Left side of brackets:
Community vs. Community

• anyone can join but they need to sign up in order to participate
  • accepted entries determined by Fatshark

Right side of brackets:
Developers vs. Streamers

• the best Versus players from Fatshark vs. the best V2 Streamers will fight here

Scenario Two
Left side of bracket:
Streamers vs. Streamers

Right side of bracket:
Developers vs. Developers

Of course the first scenario would be more interesting and would include anyone who wants to participate but the second scenario would be a much shorter contest and Fatshark employees are always busy.

If the second scenario is more feasible for the developers then they could give some gifts to the streamers to give away during the Versus contest/event as they will most likely be streaming it. That way everyone could still feel included and possibly bring new life into the game!

This is basically just a rough idea. I’m sure Fatshark probably already has some sort of PvP event planned but if this idea gives them a BETTER idea, then I’m all for it! I know there isn’t an ETA on when the beta or release will drop but it could be something fun they could work on for when Versus is ready to launch.

Bring it Fatshark!
Show us what you got! :laughing:

3 Likes

I kinda wish Versus didn’t exist, to be totally honest. That’s not what I’m looking for when I play co-op games & I’m worried it will just fragment an already small community even more.

8 Likes

Yea same, not sure if it’s an unpopular opinion or not. I honestly think it’s a waste of dev time.

2 Likes

Same boat.
I personally cannot even grasp who truly enjoys playing as the specials, since all you do is spawn, try to use some instant attack of some sort and go afk until you/they die. It’s the most uninteresting gameplay ever.

1 Like

Y’all clearly haven’t played Versus on Left 4 Dead, then. VS mode was sick as hell, and it’s one of the things that keeps l4d2 alive to this day.

I’m hype af for versus, tbh. Well, cautiously hyped, at least!

5 Likes

Thats the thing, i did. It’s fun a bit but its gets boring quickly for me atleast. i dont agree thats the reason left4dead is still alive

2 Likes

Do you really think it’s alive just because of custom maps? There was an entire competitive scene created around the versus mode, with Promod / Confogl and other custom mods specifically created to help the game be as competitive as possible. The only reason I played 10k +/- hours of those games was for the versus mode, and based on what FS has shared so far it seems like this will be the closest to that game mode since then.

2 Likes

I didnt say that

Well, what do you think the reason for the player retention is then?

Everyone here secretly harbours this feeling that it’ll be so spectacularly broken somehow as to be comic-meme central and/or there’ll be something that fuels a mushroom-cloud of terrible feedback. i.e; Dedicated servers for VS only, assassins flying around corners, abuse of spawn positions, so IMBA as to make it unplayable as heroes/Villains.

Come on. Look at the track record of balance in the PvE game. I’m looking forward to the videos of players hooking other players through the wall, casting a Storm while being in a completely hidden area, leeching someone through a rock, etc etc,

1 Like

Investing development time, money, and resources into a game mode that off shoots from the base genre (cooperative) is a waste imo. The result will be a toxic sludge of a game mode oozing out into existence smelling of fecal matter which will end being a “oh, this is kinda neat” followed by a general disinterest. People projecting their wants to a game that is in a completely different genre has ruined many franchises and while I won’t say that will happen here, I do believe it will do some significant damage.

The base game should’ve had more backing in order to further streamline the game, going over archaically old systems that should’ve been improved long ago, bug/glitch fixing (Screaming Bell end chase is bugged lawlz), and further content creation to help support the game even if they release more over priced cosmetics to do so.

I do not see why they invest in pvp unless they hope to wring out more money from a different avenue with a vain hope that this will jumpstart the corpse of a decomposing skaven that is constantly being revived only to die again from sheer incompetence.

I’d rather the developers finally release a map editor and if there were to be contests - have a map making contest like in Killing Floor 2. There could be two categories with one being an adventure map (with supporting lore falling in line of Game’s Workshop and such) and the other being a survival map like Fortunes of War (but better and with actual random spawns).

2 Likes