Suggest other heroes broken?

This is something that I’ve noticed since forever.

When I set the Network -> Suggest other heroes option to off and go to QP, the setting works as intended, i.e. VT2 will not pair me with a game where my hero is not free.

However, if I turn this option to on afterwards - even if I haven’t tried to join any game - VT2 will keep rejecting games as if the setting is off. If I restart the game, the setting will be applied properly.

1 Like

Most of the settings require you to restart the game for changes to be applied.

Not true.

In this particular case, however, changing setting to OFF works immediately, returning it to ON works upon restart. I don’t know if the vice versa is true though, i.e. if my default setting here were OFF.

This is something that I’ve noticed since forever.

When I set the Network -> Suggest other heroes option to off and go to QP, the setting works as intended, i.e. VT2 will not pair me with a game where my hero is not free.

However, if I turn this option to on afterwards - even if I haven’t tried to join any game - VT2 will keep rejecting games as if the setting is off. If I restart the game, the setting will be applied properly.

Can you please provide a console log of when this happened? Thank you in advance.

I just tested this out on PC and both times I had to restart my game for it to work.

It was already set to OFF so I turned it on and switched to elf (as she’s most popular hero). The first 4 lobbies all had elf players. Game increased search distance, couldn’t find lobbies, forced host game.

I restarted my game.

The setting is now ON and hit QP and it worked as I got the menu to choose another hero. I then turned the setting OFF and I was still getting the screen to choose another hero until I restarted my game again.

This is how it has always behaved in my game at least. Same goes with switching bot priority. It could be an unintended feature but I’m so used to having to restart my game after making changes in options that I didn’t think about it being an issue. It would really help if my settings didn’t get changed after every update though.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Why not join the Fatshark Discord https://discord.gg/K6gyMpu