Strange Client-only desync

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description:

During the Strike objective mission on “The Torrent” (‘Head to silo to clean water supply’) it is possible to get into a state client side very similar to lag or desync, however the rest of the game seems to function correctly. When affected, player movement becomes jittery and starts rubber-banding, though enemies will track to the player location correctly (The desynced location shown client side is ‘truth’). Additionally, player will be unable to swap weapons, and any inputs (blocking, attacking) will stutter and be cancelled. Shooting does not decrement ammo consistently.

Player disconnecting and reconnecting, or dying and being rescued seems to resolve the issue.

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Play “The Torrent” Strike
  2. Open Door via player interaction or Timer
    2a. There are two locations we’ve seen this bug - once at the end when the final door opens to allow players to exit to the end, and three times when opening the sequence of doors shortly after the holo statue
  3. ??? [Unsure if there is a specific trigger or random chance]
  4. Desync

Mission Name (If Applicable):

Strike - The Torrent (Silo Cluster 18-66/a)

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
Oddmajo

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
Multiple instances

Reproduction Rate:
4 times - Rare

Upload Supporting Evidence:
None

Upload Console Log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here

None - will upload if one becomes available

Upload darktide_launcher.log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide
  4. Locate the darktide_launcher.log in this directory
  5. Upload here

None - will upload if one becomes available

Has every time this happened been in the same map? Has it started at around the same spot? Does it always happen if you play that map?

Please do provide your console logs of sessions where this happened if possible, as well as your darktide_launcher.log file.

I’ll provide the logs as soon as possible if it occurs again.

It has happened 3 times to me, and 1 time to a friend, and only on that map. It has not been a the same location, but near enough.

It happened once for me at the end of the mission, after clearing the demonic growths and waiting for the final door to open, once the door opened I got the condition described in the original post.

The other 3 times (the other 2 for me, the 1 for my friend) occurred at the series of large consecutive doors that are roughly 2/3rds through the level. These doors must be opened one after another but instead of a timer are opened by player interaction with a nearby button. Each of these final 3 times occurred once that button was pushed (it never happened at the first of the 3 doors).

Each time it happened at this other location, the player that experienced the bug was NOT the one that interacted with the button.

1 Like

I had the same bug just now.
Here is how it looked for me:

darktide_launcher.log (590.5 KB)
console-2022-11-22-17.55.25-624a5495-445d-45fc-9a43-91ee3328963f.log (564.6 KB)

Yep that looks familiar, though not at the same locations I experienced it - I’ll still try to get the logs for volume.

I just encountered this again on Smelter Complex HL17-36, the new Strike mission. Didn’t notice any trigger this time - it happened just before a “collect in one location” transition roughly 2/3rds of the way through, I believe it was the final such door in the level (we had reached it but had not gone in to press the button to go through yet).

console-2022-11-23-01.18.45-e079965a-26b1-4508-9d01-3d5c53a6becf.log (890.9 KB)
darktide_launcher.log (468.8 KB)