Squad Color schemes, Arm patches

Character creation had us choose between 4 colors, distinguishing what crime we were charged with, why not our group?

Players who join in a group should be able to distinguish themselves, maybe have some banter unique to them. The party leader could have an established color scheme for those that haven’t purchased any cosmetics. It could boil down to an arm patch or symbol. Maybe a big hat, oh wait thats fantasy.

Its a long shot, in the dark vast space of 40k and darktide. For those that have miniatures, deciding why you chose the color scheme is what sets your army apart/one of the most exciting parts about collecting.

I havnt been back to darktide… still waiting for new content…

Establishing a clan, or sub faction, for players to join in game. Players can find like-minded teammates to play with. A Customizable hub to that faction for players. Have weekly or season goal to elevate us in some kind of leaderboard. Something to evolve Darktide…

3 Likes

I love your idea.
On a related note:

It’d be pretty nice if my Male Agitator stopped acting surprised by the fact that the ogryn he’s been hanging out with for the last 300 hours probably is useful after all.

I don’t mind my Agitator being kind of a jerk but surprise just feels out of place with someone I am regularly in the same squad with.

Newsflash pal… After lv30 your caracter are formal member of the inquisition warband… In my book that’s mean no longer considered as criminal… So this penance patch thing bit useless

1 Like

Im sure they can weave a story to allow for some customization. thanks for the story update though.

I thought about what you said @CGILantern. I would counter you by saying it isn’t useless at all. A patch or scheme, or even the ability to choose our number would actually serve as a reminder to the penal troop where they came from and how quick they can go back.

It can also serve as a brand for other troops in the regiment to know we used to be a penal soldiers. For example, an officer who sees your patch or symbol may decide to send you first, since they look down on your past.

Considering we do go on missions while the other parts of the regiment/warband literally sit and watch us march ahead to die makes me think it should be a part of our kit.

What’s stopping the warband from having different regiments? Different patterns fatigues for different conditions?

Slight variations per host would make each experience more immersive. I know I’m in the territory of a dreamer. But being able to join different “Guilds” (whatever term you want to use that’s correct for 40k… I’m not sure) would be awesome.

1 Like

What is you linked is irrelevant cuz its Imperial Guards stuff, our caracter working under the Inquisition… 2 separate entity. also a “guild” system in a 4 man coop game also irrelevant, cuz you limited to play 4 man at the same time againts bots who dose not give a jackshit who is their opponent… Guilds for pvp game for larger playerbase for organizion purpose.

I get it you want more free customization option but unnecessary to try justifying it with an out of touch “lore blending” reasons…

The cover art for Darktide, see how they blend together.

???

Yes chas shop conatin some of IG (ish?) stuff, cuz FS need to sell some shits to sustain the “live service” BS… But the free stuff usualiy following the hive city/ red&black (Inquisition-ish ?) Theme…

My main issues with your idea is you suggesting a redundant function (guild) with an irrelevant cosmetics scheme on top of that (penance/IG stuff)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.