Spillway boss criticism

never played vt2 for 1 sec but saw at the first try the pattern to be like the wine cellar demon in conan exiles.

that is after jumping through all the hoops with floor penises and shield phase.

1 fail it took to memorize the pattern.

learning by pain :joy:

though thats what got both me shoulders f-ed up in the gym going too heavy :smile:

btw, what overlay ist that which shows your key presses?

Medal, in the settings you can enable video overlays.

I have no idea what they changed outside what is mentioned in the patch notes, but it feels to me he is buffed, lost so far every atemt at him were it was before every 4th match a loss.

I absolutely DESPISE the vast majority of these situations in DT. Cranial Parasite modifier, Captain shield and Dark Communion barrier knockback come to mind. Stop removing control over player character.

Chaos Spawn (& Daemon host) automatically pushing you out of melee range while trying to fight them in melee :slight_smile:

I can even live with the invisible bubble around bosses, but getting knocked back or launched in the air because another player hit a Cranial enemy next to me, getting knocked back at semi-random intervals by captain shield of that barrier in the final event of Dark Communion just drives me up the wall. Some very poor design decision making.

i don’t think the boss is too hard just a bit one dimensional

for what it’s worth the vt2 boss this is copied from would chase you around with a scythe out and HIS flies would stun you permanently until an ally hits you to get them off you. this boss is extremely chill in comparison, there’s no loss of control ever even if you mess up you just get punished with a defensive weakness debuff. unlike OG twins hardmode for the most part, this boss is pretty feasible soloable

it is maybe a little bit too tanky, especially if people don’t realize you can shoot him when he’s flying around towards the end

Just played an auric mission and the boss is still broken at the end 2 waves. The pillars are still too far apart or the timer is too slow. I guess their position is randomised and sometimes they go from being bunched on 1 side of the arena to being bunched on the other side of the arena. It was impossible to even get half way before the explosion. Happened twice in a row.

Then got wiped after that because all my teammates were downed (shocker) and I couldn’t see the boss. He turns all but invisible when he is floating in that last bit unless you get lucky and he appears next to you. I don’t ever seem to get lucky so have to deal with the worst case scenario which is him being invisible and blending perfectly into the background whilst all the enemies and trappers and dogs and snipers are aiming at me alone trying to find a bs little strip of safe ground that’s impossible to see.

Jfc the teammate RNG dependence is such a buzz kill with this boss. Just makes me close the game and play something else. I don’t mind wasting 30 minutes to wipe if it felt like a fair skill issue but this is just stupid. Especially when your teammates can’t be revived or rescued because they’re in green slime pretty much constantly. Then you get hit by an orb which kills your toughness in a single go and you put your toe in green slime and dead.

If you like this boss it’s because you get regularly lucky with teammates or lucky with his position when he is flying at the end. If you’re unlucky with those things, as I seem to be every f***ing mission then it’s just miserable.

In my opinion, the pillar issue is fine/tolerable due to the inherent mechanics of toughness. Yea I take toughness damage and get a debuff but that’s okay I can just get it back easily anyway.

I find it a lot of fun and a nice change of pace in gameplay though I wish the boss itself was more interactive. It’s nice to have the occasional difficulty spike that necessitates co-op play, it’s kind of similar to Orthus Offensive when it launched but still not as ball-busting as Twins hard mode was. I’ve done the auric campaign version true solo yesterday on my first attempt it was fun and intense. Wish I could try it with my friends on Havoc but Fatshark’s havoc system tells me to go fùck myself :frowning: .

Of course how difficult the fight is depends a lot on player builds and/or team composition, having a ranged weapon that can deal good consistent boss damage while also dealing with specials makes it much easier.

That end wave of the boss is pure teamate RNG IMO.

The reasoning is that if your teammates are downed or dead (100% likely IME) then it’s pretty much impossible to clutch, because:

you have to stick to the thin sliver of mostly-invisible safe floor whilst fighting endless specials and elites…whilst also dodging endless trappers and dogs…whilst also dodging orbs that destroy your toughness for a billion seconds…whilst also unable to actually see the floating boss as he blends into the background and hides behind glowing FX (why is he not outlined!?)…whilst also having to move with the purple smoke…and if your teammates need rescued or revived then they are in green goo or behind purple smoke at least 95% of the time and then in a safe zone for less time than it takes to actually rescue anyway.

This last stage is easy and fun if at least 1-2 teammates survive.

If you are the last teammate standing (as seems to be my bl**dy experience every goddamn match) then this bit just makes me shut the game down. I don’t want to keep throwing away 30+ minute missions because seemingly no pubs can stay alive for longer than a millisecond after the green floor goo arrives.

The squad rescue area should always be clear of green goo at all times. Then the last person standing would have at least a tiny chance of a clutch.

So I absolutely maintain that this bit is pure teammate RNG.

I want to play the game but I am not even booting up because it’s so deflating to lose in the final 2% of the mission due to all teammates constantly dying in an area where rescue is impossible.