The bright green goop edge blends into the green shaded flesh tone. It’s also very hard to see if you’re not near it, especially because it uses a gaseous effect instead of a hardline and the green flames can also hide it. In addition, flesh map textures haven’t been traversable for the last three years (they’re usually out-of-bounds areas) so players naturally avoid this zone. As opposed when the safe zone is on metal:
it’s not bad, but i agree with your conclusions. this seems to be 90% copypasted nurgloth with some mechanics missing which disappointed me. it probably explains why it feels uninteractive because it’s just the “keep away” phase of nurgloth repeated but doesn’t have the “chase” phase
putting random streaks of green skeet on the floor is really really cool when the tell for the aoe is also green skeet
I’m not sure how you draw this conclusion. The green goop and purple smoke take you from full health to dead in seconds if you stand in it. It’s very unforgiving once it’s activated.
Let’s take a look at our most brainless class, the Ogryn. 25% toughness damage resistance, 20% damage resistance, 40% damage resistance after dodging, 12.5% damage resistance when stamina is above 75%, 10% damage resistance after killing elite or specialist, and 15% toughness damage reduction when teammates take damage, and I haven’t even mentioned “Feel No Pain” because I didn’t choose that keystone. All of these should remain active.
Add 3 life Curios, please tell me, how did you die?
Same way as everyone else dies there.. by not being able to see where the clear floor is.
But Please feel free to take a video of yourself standing in the green goo not taking any damage.
I don’t have all the tdr or regen skills and I have 2 health curios and mostly left side of the tree…and the green goo decimates me on auric if standing on it after it’s activated.
I’m not saying this isn’t a problem, I’m just saying why some brainless classes can survive much more easily.
No? I already chosen the Ogryn build that focuses on damage?
Literally just passive
Toll, you can’t even unlock the later talents without those
“No Hurting Friends” has also has a high damage bonus coverage rate
btw other than I mentioned, Ogryn still has at least 1 more talent for toughness damage resistance, 4 more for generally damage reduction, and 2 keystones offer 10% toughness or 30% generally resistance. Just how ridiculous this class’s damage reduction capabilities really are?
you can only get toughness back from an ult if you have 3 stacks, extremely crippling debuff. the orb spam sets you up to be slowed to avoid the rings. very filtering for the average darktide player, hence people saying ‘my team died’. this is the cause. non ogryn arbites and zeals die fast to HP damage if you recall. although I am 5/6 for attempts so far 3 of those were on zeal and I only procc’d resist death from getting overheaded while flying through the air from that pillar spell once in those. It was extremely safe having thy wrath be swift and fury generally. I wouldn’t even really say you’re fighting this guy, since you can pretty much only shoot him for much of the end phase. its more like you’re fighting to avoid a debuff while killing everything else, which is less fun than the previous fatties. I mean Nurgloth had a melee phase.
Honestly I’m done with this boss. The last 30% of health or so just is overdoing it. Specials and elites and then it’s throwing all those orbs and you have to watch how green the green floor gets and then there’s the purple wall. It’s just too much BS to keep track off.
I remember when I quit playing WoW and it was when we were raiding Naxxramas. All this positioning and waiting until you can do damage is infuriating. I get why they do it, but I end up hating it the more I play it.
80% of PUG fails this boss fight.
Oh and you get snipers spawning behind the green wall which blocks the tunnel exit and it can shoot you but you can’t shoot it.
Completely disabling almost all toughness regen for ten seconds??
Jeeeeeze. I could agree with the lesser stacks lasting that long, but I don’t think anything should be completely disabling toughness regen unless you are actively standing in it.
It’s one thing to punish a player for a slip-up, but completely disabling a major part of the normal gameplay is overly nasty.
I went off Space Marine 2 because of how often a slip-up could put you into a conga line of having your health completely annihilated. (In their case usually because a lot of the combo attacks are timed so tightly that if you mistime one dodge, you then often get stun-locked so you can’t then do anything about the next hit(s))
That is the punishment. Far more lenient than just dying, no? You still get to play the video game and if you play well you come out taking little or no health damage.
Under a lot of circumstances, “no toughness regen” is going to be “you just karking die”, particularly if you don’t realise you have no toughness regen (which is likely, if it’s hidden under a tiny icon in the middle of the bottom bar where you don’t even know what it means).
I’ve seen players completely fail a clutch because they found themselves pinned in cover with no way to regenerate their toughness at range, and there they knew they were in that circumstance.
And, as far as I can tell, getting hit with the electro debuff can give you the full toughness debuff in only 0.7 seconds (first hit and then two 0.35s ticks afterwards), and as the electro debuff slows you to make it even harder to avoid the extra ticks, it sounds like taking that entire toughness debuff isn’t actually even that much of a mess-up.
back in the day we felt pride finding that mortal kombat fatality no one knew about yet and guarded the secret as long we could.
no youtube, no guide, hell not even access to the internet.
you played, tried and learned in the process.
boss pattern was clear after the first try, what guide is needed for a 3 phase pattern : rings outwards–>in|reverse|360° fan|wait for the downed phase in the middle?
visibility i can acknowledge under certain settings/display types even if i see em just fine,
not wanting to learn a (not) new mechanic in the first 48 hours of a new enemy types release?
geez back in the day you tried daily for months.
hunk in resident evil 3 or tofu…
finding that obsure animality in mk…
this “gimme now” ruined a lot of what made gaming special and exclusive
I can guess the basics of what I’m supposed to be doing.
However, not having experience with the VT2 boss this is apparently based off (I played VT2 long ago, but never got that deep into it), it’s not clear to me if:
there is or isn’t a sequence to which parts of the floor remain safe (particularly as which part of the floor is safe is often really vague, and it’s not even always clear where I was supposed to be, other than “not where I was”)
what to do with which kind of projectile that’s being thrown (which I think is a completely new mechanic in DT. I think the only prior way to interact with enemy projectiles was by blocking them with the few weapons that can).
that an icon I haven’t even spotted on the effects bar apparently means my toughness regen has just completely gone because I got clipped by one of the boss’s attacks.
Particularly when there’s other distractions like “not getting cut in half by maulers” or “picking up a teammate who just was”.
Given that each attempt at the fight takes half an hour (and the way that unlocking it has been set up as having to be individually unlocked for each character is actively encouraging some players to rush the mission and make it less pleasant to play - I met one player who was so eager to get to the finale that they actively took the wrong route, left other players to die in the tox gas, then rushed past them when they were waiting for respawn, only finally deigning to rescue them, on partial health, in the actual boss arena)…
… yes, I am finding it a bit tedious after the umpteenth attempt of only half knowing what’s going on and actively unhelpful other players.
I also don’t understand why they copied Nurgloth 1:1 but did not include his final phase of meleeing the player when he starts flying around. Him just chilling midair makes meleeing impossible. Not to mention the fact that the arena is much larger compared to Nurgloth/Enchanter’s Lair, so the melee window is cut even shorter due to the distance you have to cover during the ring mechanic.
It’s another case of fatshark recycling something and somehow managing to make it much worse.
Majority of the time when I get hit with the triple debuff I’m fine, usually I lose no health but sometimes I do. Good play will help a lot in dealing with it.
I died to it on the first run of the boss fight I think but what it does is very obvious due to its effect. Of course you’d immediately recognize the absence of toughness generation, no? I’ve not lost any attempts at the boss fight since the first one.
What could solve this problem? That’s right, the golden toughness! The thing some people on the forum keep crying about.
In Havoc 40, VoC’s golden toughness and revive abilities can give whole team a lot of room for error, it seems like, hmmm… a teamplay ability is a great choice in a coop game? What a surprise!