Special attack button not working on certain weapons

Issue Type (Required):

Weapons

Issue Description (Required):

After the most recent patch I have noticed that the special button for some weapons is not using their special action correctly, especially in regards to some of the chain swords and thunder hammers.

I haven’t tried this on every weapon but the following ones will not use their bash attacks or “charge/rev” the weapon this a single click of the button.

For the Veteran I have noticed the following weapons not working correctly;

Agripinaa Mk VIII Braced Autogun (Bash attack will not work)

Orestes Mk Assault Chainaxe (Charge does not activate on weapon unless the special attack button is clicked marginally after an attack has begun, so for example hold down the attack button and then click the charge while still holding)

Cadia Mark IV Assault Chainsword (Charge does not activate on weapon unless the special attack button is clicked marginally after an attack has begun, so for example hold down the attack button and then click the charge while still holding)

Munitorum Mark III Power Sword (Charge does not activate on weapon unless the special attack button is clicked marginally after an attack has begun, so for example hold down the attack button and then click the charge while still holding)

For the Zealot the issues occurs with both of the heavy evicerator weapons and the Crucis Mk II Thunder Hammer.

I have tested some of the headhunter autoguns and recon lasguns and these specials appear to be working correctly so the bug is localised to specific weapons.

If required I can look to upload a video later to show what I mean if this does not appear to make sense.

Steps to Reproduce (Required):

try only pressing special button to activate the special action on specific weapons (noted in description box) and observe issues using the special button without clicking any other attack along with it, then try fix as described per weapon.

[PC] Do You Use Mods? (Optional):

No, I don’t use mods

Reproduction Rate (Required):

Constant (100%)

Platform (Required):

Steam (PC)

Player ID (Optional):

Combat Bunnee

1 Like

I am having the same issue. I found it works if I changed my keybind for it.

I usual have mouspad 5 selected for special, but it no longer works. I have had to change it to mousepad 9 to get it to work.

I use a mmo mouse that has a 12 buttons on the side for extra key binds.

I tested this and I think you are correct, it appears that because, as default the 5 key is also used for pulling out the auspex, that may be getting in the way of the weapon activation.

I rebound the special key to 6, instead of 5 and it fixes the issue.

Not ideal but at least there is a workaround for now.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.