Spanish Article on future plans/itemisation

I was out of the loop for a year, what exactly got changed here?

It was basically reworked entirely. People seem to generally like it now. Itā€™ll be in one of the patch notes threads in announcements, canā€™t remember which one specifically.

I know the image is probably old, but there are still locks present in the image lol.

It says that each weapon has an upgrade path and this has a maximum. That this does not transfer from weapon to weapon but is completely under the playerā€™s control.

Their (the enemy, not the weapons) overhead speed will be ~10% slower than they are now.

DONā€™T YOU LOVE THE LACK OF NAMING CONVENTIONS.

I am part of an external testing team, mentioned in Fatsharkā€™s last update on itemisation, that has tested and provided feedback on the new system, but I canā€™t say anything about it (obviously).

Iā€™m just saying that the new system has already been delayed until after the summer based on internal & external testing and feedback, and Fatshark is looking to expand their testing process to involve more of the community, so whatever this journalist has shared, whether legit or not, canā€™t possibly be representative of the update when it eventually lands. If this is already finished and set in stone then why is anything delayed, you know?

Thus, donā€™t attach too much value to the details.

9 Likes

The issue that it still got released. At this time. After all the other news we have heard about itemisation.

Itā€™s a marketing/PR failure if Fatshark forgot that they gave an interview and press kit to a (from what Iā€™ve seen from some people saying theyā€™re from Spain) fairly popular if localised gaming news outlet and didnā€™t do anything to retract, correct or otherwise coordinate with the outlet.

2 Likes

More speculation: the fault can also lie with the outlet. Doesnā€™t have to be a Fatshark mess up. But sure, I can see that happening too. :smiley:

Weā€™ll have to wait and see if Fatshark clarify what happened.

I disagree, as Fatshark has 0 communication we have to work with what we have.
And since FS still doesnt want to even hint at what they are doing
EVEN THO all we want - after 16?+ months of CLEAR feedback - is

1. Remove locks
  2. More balanced blessings and perks

Final product is once again clearly shaping up to be something WE DONT WANT.

LITERALLY all we f-cking want to see is a screenshot with ā€œremove lock 150 diamantineā€ and everything beyond that is just pure bonus (like unlocking ALL blessings via clear route and not f-cking rng)

4 Likes

I donā€™t understand why they canā€™t just make it easier for us to get a setup going. I donā€™t understand why grind is even being entertained. I donā€™t understand why we canā€™t have freedom to do whatever we want with our gear.

This whole thing frustrates me in a deep level.

2 Likes

MBA retention and engagement KPIs. Gotta generate numbers at any (hard-to-quantify) cost to make shareholders/investors happy.

1 Like

Fair enough.

Are you at least happy with what you have tested so far?

Also retention mechanics are clearly proven to be a laughable joke for a game you have to pay for.
Look at helldivers, even a basic most casual 0 skill person has a clear and quite achievable route to unlock all stratagems and buy 2 warbonds just by playing the game.
And yet (if the devs werent r-tarded there aswell, sole reason the numbers are going down rn) people really dig the game EVEN AFTER they unlock everything

If I told my fiance to try out darktide it would take anything from 20 to infinite hours to have a decent build if she played only on diff 3. As gathering plasteel on anything below a Diff 5 is a joke

1 Like

True, but itā€™s been 15 hours since the article has gone up and itā€™s neither been removed nor have there been corrections or a follow-up article.

FS has always had depressingly little faith that their core gameplay can retain players without an eternal gear carrot to dangle in front of them. After V1 & 2 Iā€™d have hoped theyā€™d have learnt their lesson about how dedicated people will be to just the core gameplay loop but alas they perpetually have to tarnish their products with these needlessly drawn out RNG grinds.

Itā€™s almost a form of self harm really. Itā€™d actually make a lot MORE sense to me if they did monetise boosters or the like, but no by this stage it really does just seem to be a form of masochism.

4 Likes

Thisā€¦ and this is sad.
I hope they wonā€™t make it wrongā€¦ or they will be bashed

If the system is more grindā€¦ I will pass. But this could be the end of Darktide considering how many players are still here.

Fatshark is a European company, they havenā€™t been at work for most of the past 15 hours.

I thought they had some CMs based in the US and some other places outside of Sweden.

Ohhh thanks for this! I was just thinking last week how cool it would be if they did something like letting us focus on a specific weapon, basically like craft our own legendary / red! Not the same ofc. but itā€™s similar. :smile:

12, some weapons already have 10 (most of which usually suck or sometimes donā€™t even work xD).

But yee obviously there will be balance issues, but they can be fixed later. They did an amazing job with the talents after all and the overall weapon balance is already in a good place, barring some exceptions ofc. Iā€™m seriously excited about this idea!

Edit: The reply went to the wrong person. x.x

1 Like

Besides the locks on the item card? Did you look at the same picture? Both perks have locks, both blessings have wrench icons. Aka, the same system as right now, but with the blessing penance thing attached and the ability to raise bars.

If the idea was to make less RNG behind gearing, well they just kept the same system but now I guess you could take one of those would beā€™s from Melk and grind points into it to raise it to a good base? Considering it still needs to have 2 of what you want. This system to me is just removing a single lever from the slot machine.

1 Like