So that's it?

I mean the game is still okay (wouldn’t call it fantastic as it still clearly under Vermintide subjectivity aside). But as long as the crash/join back feature isn’t on the game can’t be played with friends which is at is core.

The dev made a great job with the core of the game. but the spirit seems to have changed mid way to prioritise over spending (both time and money) on enjoying it.

It could be the best game of the year or close if it wasn’t so unrefined and unfinished.

The problem with crashing and not being able to reconnect to the same strike team, unlike in the beta, is a big issue that pisses me off tremendously too.

However, I don’t care about the story in any tide game. Never have. Didn’t even know Vermintide (2) had one, until a week ago where I had gotten into an argument about it with a buddy.
I have 400+ hours in Vermintide 2.

Priority for spending time and money is absolute BOGUS and cure yourself of that bs asap. If you like what you see, buy that cosmetic item. Not worth it? Don’t buy it. As for time? I have 4 level 30s during my time in the POB. Two victories for a level-up. Played six matches to upgrade my blue item to a golden one.

1 Like

I laughed out loud at the “big” reveal of the traitor.
They was like
They :“IT HER”
Me : “Who Dat?”
They : BANG
Me : Uh okay

10 Likes

It wasn’t about who the traitor was, ffs. It was about who WASN’T. It set up an extra incentive for you as a reject to prove yourself, instead of just the “Glory for the emperor” bla bla rhetoric.

1 Like

I guess, but we already know it’s not us, and we already know we have to prove ourself to rise above our original sentences. There never was any tangible threat of being taken for the traitor or punished for it. No cinematic about us just talking to zola or the inquisitor about it. only vague monologus. You might not care about story but many 40K/warhammer fan love them.

“Priority for spending time and money is absolute BOGUS” you might have misunderstood me on that one. I’m not saying that people have to buy, I’m saying that the dev team have made this a priority above making the game feeling nice and rewarding. this imply reducing the free cosmetic qualilty by reserving anything original to the paying one and making missions and leveling take quite a lot of time. You made 4 caracters up to lvl 30, that’s great, did it took you 100+ hours or did you farmed low level missions in loop? any answer would be a problem in a game that really get interesting once you have reach max level and without a story line to hide and justify the pexing.

5 Likes

I crashed and was unable to rejoin some times during the beta. Same when the game went live. I am 100% positive its unrelated to the game going live.

I don’t really see there being more incentive there, we already had no real choice about what we’re doing. Wasn’t any reason to believe it was our characters either.

2 Likes

Yeah idk I think the biggest let down was just that it was some random nobody.

Me and some mates had a little theory craft about who of the NPCs we had been introduced to could be the traitor.

Turns out IT WAS NONE OF THOSE GUYS just some rando woman.

You say it was about who WASN’T the traitor but wtf there are no choices, the cinematics just play out. Maybe if there were some choices you could make that seem logical at the time in whatever scenario but in retrospect look ,or are twisted into looking, traitorous and therefore OOPS you are the traitor.

MAYBE that would be okay buts it’s not so it isn’t.

TL;DR - DONT INSERT A MYSTERY PLOT IF YOU DON’T HAVE A GOOD ENDING.

3 Likes

My friend who crashes regularly hasn’t been able to rejoin our strike team a single time. Only tried 4 missions before they gave up, but still.

And as for balancing never forget that Fatshark’s best balance patch was when they literally ported a community mod of weapon tweaks into the core game and called it a day.

maybe the idea of conflict was that zola biatch was the one who saved us from prison ( if I remember correctly) so maybe we should be thankful for her and care. but there was no story or hints to be interested in caring or trusting any character yet. I also didn’t realise the plan was to think we are traitors bc I always thought we have to prove ourselves to do our duty and not being a shitty fighter, not that we cannot be trusted. and what the others said, we the players already knew we were not the traitor. I only realised this after the dude pointed his gun at us at first. not that shocking, not really a twist if there was no depth before whatsoever.

yeahthat final cinematic was weird, like of course they aren’t going to kill our caracter at lvl 30. what was the point if we could guess the whole thing from the start.

you know what could have been interesting?

-zola come to see us when we are alone, ask us to follow her without more information.
we are guided to the inquisitor room where we first meet him. He explain to us that we are part of the few new recruit to have made our proofs against all odds and he have to task us with a special mission.

• from now on a new assassination mission can appear in the hub. with a special modifier like “the ennemy within” and the missin is mostly like any other but at the end the boss look like a randomised caracter at caracter creation with level 5 stuff as skin an usual boss weapon and move but stronger.

And the first time we kill him the introduction to the acolyte status roll.

boom, no hard dev for the mission but already a lot more narrative, make us take part of the traitor arc and give some originality to the lake of mission.

4 Likes

I don’t really see there being more incentive there, we already had no real choice about what we’re doing. Wasn’t any reason to believe it was our characters either.

The “story” functioned as only one thing: To not have the player feel like an absolute slave effed by the system. Due to the narrative, there was a reason to do deadly mission after deadly mission for one extra reason other than “just do it”, and that reason is: Prove your loyalty; prove you’re not the traitor.

That’s it. There was never a “mystery” injected, the way some of you guys think. Personally, I understood this immediately as the signs were everywhere, especially the fact that there weren’t any real potential suspects introduced.

2 Likes

so it’s completly useless, we are already trying to get out of our condition of prisonneer, already trying to prove our loyalty since the tutorial to be allowed to survive and serve the inquisition. the traitor part didn’t add anything to this.

1 Like

I have to say that FS actually nailed it with Darktide! Atleast if they wanted to design it for a hundred hours of playtime like they did with Vermintide (according to FS). I have 110h and am pretty much done with it… :sleeping:

2 Likes

They certainly subverted our expectations with that “ending” scene.
At least I was expecting something more interesting with an actual author onboard?
I don’t get why there would be any tension, plot, and meaningful conclusion with that set up.
It’s obvious our character is not the culprit and the “traitor” doesn’t even get a line or anything opening to something bigger, or more interesting. She just dies in silence.

Underwhelming doesn’t even embodies the sentiment…

At least it was fun to spot the “traitor” in the few cutscenes during leveling.

2 Likes

Nah you’re forgetting the part where every original (wasn’t in the mod) change they made was broken as hell like Mist Shade and ridiculous steroids they gave to mace and sword heavy attacks.

The underlying mechanics and feel they put behind their combat is glorious, but the actual balancing has… always been a weak point.

2 Likes

Honestly, if I could, I think I would refund.
V2 was a complete game at launch. This thing is little more than an empty shell.

In addition to the first post: Who had the glorious idea of making deeds dependant of a specific map, said map however is “randomly” generated.

2 Likes

Lol no.
Pink glasses and now grey ones.

1 Like

You had a form of stringency, could play in private matches. And no, it wasnt finished. I doubt it is now.

1 Like

V2 also had a rough launch sure but it was playable and feature complete DT has some people require a VPN to even log in, thats just meme worthy

3 Likes