But what does blindly defending the game or the devs achieve? How does being a yes-man, cocooning the devs in an Echo chamber of praise and infallibility benefit the game in any way? How does being wilfully blind and ignorant of actual, reasoned out critisicm help make anything better? What benefit is there in waiting for a structure to burn down before pointing out that it may have been on fire?
You may be talking about the response to the skulls event and comm link, but did you see anything before that? The 6 months of discussion, reports and shrinking player base?
This is fair. I agree that FS should have commented on if they do intend not to change the crafting system for example.
On the other hand they did give some acknowledgments.
They said they are thinking about what to do with crafting, but can’t share.
They said they have problems and are trying to get back on track.
They said lifting siloing isn’t that easy to do.
Even with map selection if you can read between the lines of the last post you see they have some problem with. (They said they’ll try to make the new map available always/a lot more if they can implying they have problems with it.)
I don’t believe that one bit. This description might fit you, but many use this forum to try to change the game to something they want to see, or because this is some kind of social outlet for them.
Things like population flatlining are laughed at and joked about. Doomposting does happen and currently, it’s also very prevalent.
This is one of the issues I have. Not the locked map mind you, but the overblowing of non-issues. We will get a map another 2 weeks down the line or so. It isn’t a cataclysmic event, and FS probably has good reasons for doing so.
You are not, but as you described… Many people. This update looks good, depending on the QoL they said will come with it and balance changes this might be even great.
It isn’t a new class I really want, but f* it new boss and maps look awesome, but the only bit of positivity I’ve seen is from well know white knights and that’s all.
I’m not defending their clearly apparent incompetence in this matter, I’m just pointing out that currently the forum is s*show, and I don’t see it as well-meaning people giving some tough love. It’s way past that point.
I think it depends. Is it 2 weeks or 4-8? I’ve read numbers much worse than 2 weeks. I can live with a bit of a delay, but there shouldn’t be any. I also think that grindgating content in a game rife with excessive grindgating of content which is alreasy ruining the experience for most people i know is blatantly tone deaf and kind of insulting.
I think its cool we will be getting two maps. I think the chaos spawn is long overdue but i am glad to see it. Many players at this point are just pissed at the speed of development. They were promised, when they bought the game, one class per quarter. Yes it was delayed. But its been two quarters. Is it Q3? Q4? 2024? Ultimately the frustration stems from there and its not that unreasonable. Its just reached a boiling point.
I agree, though, that the forums are a pretty bad place right now.
Honestly it’s probably come down to how long it’s been since launch and crafting, and their have been really no significant changes that I can think have. How long would you keep politely asking your roomate and have them constantly ignore you? When I first started posting, I was asking people to have patience and wait for FS to respond or do something, and I got lots of flak for that then. I would make those posts again, because there was potential back then. At this point I’m just so completely fed up with the development process of the game I don’t really care much anymore. I’m not going to make hate posts or anything, but it’s extremely frustrating. Maybe it will take awhile to make a new really great crafting system, but how hard is it to add a quick band aid fix to make it more bearable? Like 2-4k diamantine or something to remove a lock?
It’s incredibly tone deaf and stupid. Yes it’s not the biggest deal in the world but it’s another issue to throw on the pile. If there weren’t other issues no one would care (although I would still think it’s super weird).
Lol. Only reason I can think of is the community event is a lie and they need to finish the map. I literally don’t know what a good reason for that would be.
It took them 6 months to add 2 rehashed maps and an enemy from the literal launch trailer, which is a reskinned enemy from VT 2 with 2 new attacks?
I still am honestly…the free cosmetics are very nice, and this patch in isolation would be fine. It’s just if this is all we’re getting for the next 3-6 months its very disappointing.
It’s not a deal at all. Staggering the second map release 2-4 weeks is actually a good idea to keep retention and to keep it fresh.
The posts about this “issue” is the prime example of how on this forum people will overblow even the most minor fing thing. The only major fup FS did in this update is still not commenting on if they decided to make some major changes to crafting or not.
Keep on doomposting about how the game is all sh*t surely it will make a new class come out faster…
Calling what I said tone-deaf and stupid? Going with a “lol” and a “they must be lying” about my point about staggering map release? Calling the map rehashed? Or your point about the locks that won’t just go away without any other change to the crafting system?
I haven’t ignored it, I just don’t think it merits any other response.
I said what Fatshark was doing was Tone Deaf and stupid. Reread it.
I mean could you explain why putting it behind a community event is good? And while I guess it might be good for retention, it still seems better to release them both at once. Thats what VT 2 is doing with their 3 maps.
I mean…they are? They usually use like 1/3 to 1/2 of other maps and than have unique content. Which would be fine if we were getting more of them.
And again just ignore my point that any sort of band aid fix to crafting would be nice. Also ignored why I think people are upset and not giving as much “tough love” anymore.
Every issue that people are now outright “moaning for the sake of moaning” about has begun as a well thought out, reason and well intentioned post or posts by someone who has really taken the time to identify a thing they think needs addressing, show the affect on gameplay and offer a solution. Sure there are some people who just turn up to fling turds around, but on the whole the people here are passionate about the game and have been thoughtful and honest in earlier posts since launch.
These posts by forumites have been soundly ignored and in some cases it looks like design decisions actively go against the vast amount of feedback - feedback that used to be well reasoned and thought out.
When people feel blatantly ignored and the decisions made by devs feel like they’re made out of spite or disregard the community concerns, then people tend to get bitter and just automatically pile on the hate.
Is the game insurmountably sh!t? probably not… but myself, along with thousands of people realised it wasn’t a rewarding experience after 30-60 hours and had hoped for something so much more.
Now, because of the manner in which FS have conducted themselves by appearing to treat their customers with utter contempt virtually anything they do is going to receive an outright hostile response - but this is a two way street. If FS are going to continue to blindly barrel along with scant regard for… anything their customers say… then expect your customers to start being hostile too.
And here we are; fairly dubious or outright hostile decisions made at FS are prompting a deserved hostile response.
Somehow I’ve agreed with Nish, and disagreed at the same time.
That’s a good summary of the last 4+ months. I don’t think you missed anything.
Judging by the timeframe and the intensity with which the issue is raised, it’s not really an incredible amount of communication.
The part about craftibg, that they we’re discussing it, was pretty much forced communication from community demands, which makes it worth even less.
This is pretty much it. Is there a point to sticking around? If they communicated that no change would be made I believe these forums would become real empty real soon.
Certainly. FS has some real problems with how they handle things. I’d really like to see a roadmap or some information about what they are working on. New content, if they work on crafting or not… Something about the next ~2 months to look forward to constantly.
I’ll look past the age presumption, I assume it’s intended to disparage. But I have some need for clarification about this thread, namely:
Please define “crying”. There’s lots of potential meaning here, OP. Do you mean “venting frustration”? I see that a lot, and so long as it’s not condensed to simple slander and profanity, it should be acceptable. I’ve seen very few unreasonable “crys” lately. Perhaps you should give some examples.
Please define “whining”. You seem to associate the term with players failing at the game mechanics? If so, I challenge that view wholeheartedly. A quick run to the Discord server and the class chats there will change your perspective, I think, as the majority of frequent users there have hundreds, some even upward of a thousand hours in the game and not only share the main issues often posted here, but have burned out, come back, burned out again and now simply come around for the friendly community.
What do you mean by “still”? Was there a threshold we’ve past, in which major (promised, mind you) changes were made? What improvements in communication, QoL or even meaningful additions to content? Were the forums supposed to pipe down after Comms-Plex was added? Or maybe after the two power mauls? Very generic, there. Examples, please?