The draw speed and charge time on the Hellbore lasgun feel kinda clunky. The Infantry lasgun has more ammo and a faster draw, so you can quickswap and fire instantly, but the damage still isn’t as good as the Hellbore. I’d really rather Fatshark give Veterans a weapon in a future update that’s like the new class’s rifle — something you can swap to and fire off quickly, with decent damage too. As an alternative after playing too much Hellbore, I think that’d be pretty nice. (Though knowing Fatshark’s output, I feel like this might be a few years down the line.) (Just rambling)
Ogryn Heavy Stubber and the fact that people modded other weapons to have the same zoom in as that gun is proof there was always room for a longshot las despite the weird, nonsensical arguments against it that keeps being repeated.
You know, I should add a massive but* here: this community will go nuts if Vet, Zealot, and Psyker do not specifically get 40k exclusives on next weapon editions (melta or heavy weapon, crusader shield and sword, a staff)
Not trying to be toxic or anything.
I was gonna make a suggestion like this, since they’re open to giving the OG classes weapons in the same vein as the DLC classes.
A hotshot lasgun for veteran that’s just a reskinned galvanic rifle would be dope. Give it like a 1.5 or 2x sight and it’d be perfect.
If vet shares plasma with skit they should share the only nice feeling DMR with us!
where downside
This sounds like it could be fixed by using one of the quicker helbore variants and taking the 50% swap speed node. Exe stance has built in zoom if you want that too.
Galvanic isn’t that great imo. Maybe I haven’t given it enough of a chance or maybe it’s because the arc rifle is OP but it feels like the ammo to performance ratio isn’t quite there.
Apart from cool aesthetics and ping sound it plays like a Zarona revolver in my hands. It is possible that I’ve failed to grasp some hidden strength of it though.
I like to play it like Helbore and go heavy ranged playstyle and build. The small clip size and overall ammo pool means it isn’t 1:1 but the reload isn’t too bad and certainly an improvement over the Zarona. It one taps almost everything, two taps maulers, mutants, and reapers, don’t shoot crushers.
Compared to a helbore build (before new update anyway) you can take a lot more melee nodes since there aren’t that many ranged nodes on skit so when you’re low ammo you can melee without really any penalty. It’s my favorite weapon on the Skitarii for sure.
I’ll try doubling down with a more focused ranged build. You’re right that some weapons don’t make sense until you build hard for them.
Ammo remains a concern in that situation though, not sure it has enough to be the primary weapon / justify the investment.
watch big dom’s galvanic rifle optimisation video
one shotting ragers is fun
His other two ranged are better but I felt it was satisfying as a sidearm on the melee build I was running, I just needed it to one tap things that were far.
Novelty would’ve probably worn off if I kept playing skitarii, but the novelty of playing skitarii itself wore off before that happened.
On Havoc 40?
ye
A Lengthy reload perhaps.
It’s not a game for sniper rifles
Only bad thing about this is fatshark waited so long, if they ever plan on doing them, that we’ll now almost certainly get them firing those ugly yellow bolts GW is pushing now as lasgun projectiles.
It is sadly a lasgun 1.5 with crit build being super dominant. I tried making a non-crit build with opening salvo and unfortunately it just sucks badly compared to crits with deadly accurate
Isn’t that just Zarona revolver
In short yes.
The rifle version can have an alt-attack or scope to differ, mag size, feel, dmg, timing between shots, etc etc.



