Shotgunners

Issues:

1. Visual tell (flash) is unrelated to firing time
  2. Shotgunners can shoot through enemies, including bulwakrs
  3. Shotgunners do not deal friendly fire damage

The fact that shotgunners are dangerous enemies is no concern of mine. But these issues need to be fixed. They’re quickly becoming a meme amongst the internet communities I tour around for the way that they can whipe runs with no warning and totally ignore the normal dodge and positioning mechanics

6 Likes

I have definitely grown to hate them more than any other enemy

Oh hey my entire toughness evaporated along with 1/3 of my hp, guess what, some Shotgunner looked in my general direction from 30 meters away

4 Likes

had my “Firing Stance Ulitmate” On, with the 75% Reduced Ranged Damage Trait On, got instant wiped by 2 shotgun shots. 230~ toughness with 170 HP, all gone with 2 shotgun shots at Damnation.

I’m not sure why it’s not in the game, but can we get damage resistance to shotgunners on curios? They are the most threat and damaging unit (next to the sniper) in the game and yet we cannot get protection against from them but we can get protection on every other unit in the game in the curios selection?

Shotgunners are cracked out of their minds. On the one hand I kinda like how genuinely scary they are. On the other they’re kinda disproportionate to a lot of other enemies.

For every other ranged enemy you get a brief grace period when your toughness is broken that stops them breaking through toughness and doing health damage in the same hit. Shotgunners don’t have this so they just blitz your toughness and health all in one go.

I dunno I want them to stay scary but I feel like they could use some very slight adjusting downwards while other enemies need tuning upwards. I shouldn’t fear the sound of a shotgun cocking 10x more than a boss spawn roar.

Personally i do not think so. Their problem is that they’re not just super dangerous but also wholelly unpredictable.

cocks shotgun at you
aims
flash tell warning you
you dodge
he doesn’t fire
you dodge again
he waits
you try to attack him
he cocks his shotgun again and instantly shoots you

I would like more distinctive sound when shotgunners are close/aiming at you and i think would be fair a little of damage drop off, 20 meters away shotguner still empty your toughness and damage trough.

I’ve been instagibbed from bleedout state → dead by 2 shotties in damnation. That’s also after those two same shotties instadowned me. It was pretty funny.

Yes I would agree that shotgunners are by far the most dangerous enemy. If there’s one or two of them in a big horde they will wipe you out without you even knowing what hit you. I think tuning their dmg down by at least 30% would be a good starting point for changes and give players some time to react to them.