'Shadows Over Bögenhafen’ - Patch 1.2 beta now live on PC

Looks great! Really looking forward to trying out the new 2H sword. It was my favorite weapon before, but now it sounds just godly!

Shame there’s no new weapons with the dlc, but honestly I wasn’t really expecting any. There’s not really a lot of possible options (unless Fatshark wanted to give Kerilllian a choppa or something), and the weapon variety we currently have is quite exceptional in and of itself.

I gotta say that the maps, “The Pit” especially, are looking really great! They have the raw and filthy Warhammer-ish, Empire-ish looks and feeling. Really great stuff :heart_eyes:

I did and “trololol their own ways” is definately not the issue i care about.

It’s no boasting to talk about a game and what could/ already happens. But extra for you : I saved your run…

Outplaybuttons are gamebreaking tools and as long as the HM got this high mobility + stealth, this ultimate is one of them. High mobility or stealth alone are strong mechanics in this game. But both together is a lil bit too much.

Yeah and this is quite good if you come in a several Situation, but you dont need it… You can press F F F…

The patch notes look lovely and the overall feedback seems to be positive with some minor grievances, such as the boss walls. There are the two things that I was hoping to see, one of them reasonable, the other unlikely. The reasonable bit would’ve been a reduction of the cooldown on WHC’s ultimate ability. The extra long CD with the questionably good effect is an odd combination, but there have been at least 10 topics discussing this in detail, which should’ve brought this to the devs’ attention by now.

Secondly, Okri’s Challenges should’ve been reworked in the imagine of the Q&C board from V1. It was perfect, it made me religiously log in every day to check if there was anything to work towards. The current version has no such motivation, “oh okay, another box full of 300hp blues”, I can get those from running any Vet+ game.

The majority of the changes to abilities and talents were bug fixes, the balance pass this time has been largely focused on weapons themselves to bring some up to speed and such.

We will be doing, as noted in the patch notes, more balance going forward which would include tweaks and adjustments to talents and abilities.

10 Likes

Can you please implement the torch as a weapon in the future?
Pretty please? :kissing_heart:
Well, maybe with a bit of fire magic to improve damage, but I really like it.

1 Like

So will there be a red hats like it was back in the first game?

It means you will never see them LUL

My god… I have like 200 levels on the elf and never knew the swift bow could zoom in…

Alright, so I’ve been gone for 8 days, just got back from work. Can someone tell me if the mods work with the beta? Any other issues I need to look out for?

1 Like

I’ve played around 800 hours of V2 so far and consider myself pretty good. Have done multiple true solo’s. Take my opinion however you want but having played with hundreds of people in quick play as well as private group, @Darth_Angeal is one of the guys in the top 2% out there, who can jump on just about any class and wreck as well as clutch for the team.

2 Likes

Some do, some don’t. Numeric Ui apparently does not.
Most of the approved one’s seem to have no major problems, though, if one discounts the occasional error message in chat.

Ah, thanks for the info. My wife and I are downloading the beta now. Friends are over downloading as well. Should be on in a few mins.

btw, @Fatshark_Hedge. You guys do know that the name of this patch is pretty funny in Swedish right? I know it’s an actually place in Warhammer lore, but it’s still pretty funny. Mate just asked me if I got the bög patch, top keks.

Oh we know, but it’s a classic WHFRP adventure, so we’re sticking to our guns :slight_smile:

4 Likes

what about 1 new weapon, again like in the first game. I know you haven’t done balance of the old ones, but i feel disapointed in dlc. But maps are really good though

I just claimed strongbox in Okris challenges, got error and REWARD IS CLAIMED … Did i just loose strongbox ? :smiley:

No those are bugged I claimed them already before the beta.

@Fatshark_Hedge In regards to owners of collector’s edition - Are we going to get the OST from the new maps?

Yes. They are bugged. But you ve got no chest and have “reward claimed” in the book now and the progress is carried over to release so we might actually have the “reward claimed” in the release aswell. Thats what i am worried about.

We will be adding all game soundtracks to the OST - a good reminder for me to chase today :slight_smile:

edit: Some work needs to be put in to make them really listenable. Our sound guys often work with elements of music mashed up by game events so having a contiguous piece requires some additional work, but they hope they can do it.

2 Likes