I want to preface this by saying that my intention is to improve certain underperforming talents in hopes of increasing more build diversity. Although this can be said for a lot of classes, I want to focus on shade for now. I will try to keep my suggestions fair and short. All values are negotiable.
Level 10 (Offensive Talents)
- Exploit Weakness: Increases damage by 20-25% more damage to the first enemy hit.
Notes: Similar to how cruelty synergizes well with cloak of mist, this change with exploit weakness will pair well with cloak of pain and gives a more focus build on single-target damage.
- Exquisite Huntress: Increases headshot damage bonus by 50%
Notes: This provides more consistent damage while still rewarding skilled players, and it solves the issue of needing a few stacks of headshots to be consistent with cruelty. In addition, it opens up the possibility for a range build.
Level 20 (Backstab Talents)
- Ereth Khial’s Herald: In addition to the increased backstab damage, increase the backstab radius.
Notes: I honestly prefer the backstab radius in Vermintide 1 where I can be slightly on side of the enemy and still perform a backstab. This change should conform to most shade player’s experience when they expected an attack should have been a backstab.
- Vanish: Add an internal cooldown of 2 seconds
Notes: Prevents shade from cloaking and recloaking constantly.
- Bloodfetcher: Return 5% of bolt or arrow
Notes: This makes swift bow more viable on shade while still having the same impact on other range weapons.
Level 25 (Defensive Talents)
- Gladerunner (rework): Critical strike increases dodge range by 20%
Notes: This change makes Gladerunner more interesting than having a flat 10% movement speed and maintains the theme of the talent row where critical hits reward a temporary buff.
Level 30: (Ultimate Talents)
- Cloak of Mist: Remove cooldown reduction and allow melee critical hits upon coming out of invis.
Notes: The recent change ruins the synergy with this talent and Vanish. A better way to nerf this combination is to give Vanish an internal cooldown and remove the cooldown reduction of Cloak of Mist.
- Shadowstep (rework): Increase critical chance of range attacks by 20-25% for 6 seconds. No bonuses to melee attacks.
Notes: Whereas I envision Cloak of Mist is for hordes and Cloak of Pain is for single-target damage, the rework Shadowstep can be primarily focused on ranged damage. No guarantee critical hits because that would be just broken on some of her range weapons.