Shade crit when ulting broken and cor staff broken for BW. Its been 1 month now and still no fix

Allow me to explain what I meant:
Vanish has a 3 sec duration, so adding a 1 sec internal cooldown means the cooldown starts as soon as Vanish is procced.
As a result, you need to spend 1 sec of your 3 sec invis not attacking if you want to stay invis.
After that 1 sec internal cooldown has run out, you are still left with 2 secs of invis during which you can refresh Vanish.

It only means that spamming attacks while invis would no longer work:
Either you take full advantage of the Cloak of Mist 4 sec duration and keep attacking, meaning you become visible but have a greater damage potential.
OR you keep chaining Vanish invis, but that would mean not being able to attack for that 1 sec cooldown so your max damage potential is lower but you get to keep the safety of chaining invis.

A trade-off where one is high risk/high reward and the other is lower risk/lower reward.

No more “spam left click when behind an SV pat and kill them all while remaining invisible the entire time” - either deal max damage but become visible or stay invis but don’t deal as much damage
(or a bit of both if you decide to mix it).

About the 2nd point, I meant that currently, even with the broken Cloak of Mist and no Vanish talent picked, a frontline Cloak of Mist build is extremely strong to the point where it does not feel quite well balanced.
Keep in mind that you can still go invis every ~28 secs with the current Cloak of Mist, which is also very strong just as a pure invis escape tool without any other requirements.

It was meant as an argument that shows why the current bugs don’t actually nerf the base Cloak of Mist as a frontline tool and are therefore not even good nerfs (if we pretend they were intended).

So, if the changes I suggested were applied, a frontline Cloak of Mist without Vanish would be more balanced.
Furthermore, the combo of Mist+Vanish would work (unlike now) and would also be more balanced.
I agree that Cloak of Mist as a pure frontline class is not exactly thematic and I would like to keep the identity of the class as backstab crit-based assassin intact by going for the changes I outlined above.

2 Likes