Please see the pinned post: About the Vermintide 2 - Technical Support Category to see what information to include in your report.
I recently downloaded Vermintide 2 and after startup I receive the error “Backend rejected the challenge response.” I’ve attempted to trouble shoot this myself doing the following:
- Made sure I was on the Official server
- Validated the game files via steam
- Reinstall/repair easy anti-cheat
- Do a clean install of steam and Vermintide 2
- Disabled any Firewalls that may be interfering
At this point I’m unsure what to try next. Any help would be appreciated.
It sounds like Easy Anti-Cheat is placing you in to an “untrusted” state, which mimics the errors we would expect to see in the ‘Modded’ realm. I suspect something is interfering with Easy Anti-Cheat, could you try a ‘Selective Startup’?:
- Press the Windows key
- Type ‘msconfig’ and select ‘System Configuration’
- On the ‘General’ tab, select ‘Selective Startup’
- Deselect ‘Load startup Items’
- Reboot your PC
- Launch Vermintide 2 as normal and see if the issue reoccurs
Thank you for the response. I followed the steps listed above and unfortunately the error is still occurring at launch.
This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.