Season 3 coming on June 23

Heroes,

Today we are happy to share with you that Season 3 is coming to PC on June 23. This update brings exciting and new things for Vermintide 2 aside from your typical fixes and tweaks, and Weave reshuffling

Weather Variations

Rain, snow, or maybe fog? All missions with outdoor settings now have a chance of changing weather and light. Venture into the great outdoors in Vermintide 2 and see Helmgart in a new light.

Shilling & Premium Cosmetics

Lohner’s Emporium of Wonders will through Season 3 be updated frequently with Shilling Cosmetics and new Premium Cosmetics. The first shipment of Shilling Cosmetics will arrive at Season 3 launch, and the next is said to arrive early July together with new Premium Cosmetics.

The Grail Knight

The Grail Knight is a new Premium Career for Markus Kruber. It contains the new playable career complete with a new talent tree, new weapon types, new abilities, a whole new Bretonnian Knight skin, and more. The Grail Knight will be available on Steam and in Lohner’s Emporium of Wonders.

The Grail Knight is the pride of Bretonnia – a blessed warrior granted supernatural might by the mysterious Lady of the Lake. As all Bretonnian Knights, he never engages in ranged combat, instead favoring foes with the gift of close-quarters battle. Whether armed with his longsword or a trusty sword and shield, the Grail Knight is death to foul creatures wherever he encounters them.

Fatshark Stream

Join us as we will discuss the new Grail Knight, Weather Variations and the new cosmetics coming to Lohner’s Emporium of Wonders. On June 18 at 5.30pm CEST you can ask us your questions live on Twitch as we discuss Season 3. - twitch.tv/fatsharkgames

Season 3 & Beyond

We have mentioned earlier that Warhammer: Vermintide 2 will continue to be supported for years to come, and we still hold to that. We will continue to expand on the existing Vermintide 2 universe and bring you new co-op challenges, experiences and exciting new adventures for the Ubersreik 5.

25 Likes

:open_mouth:

5 Likes

Holy O.o I wonder what the hate crowd will say now. This is amazing. The new career is coming a lot earlier than expected and I really like the weather effects (and not only because I suggested it years ago :P).

Also the Season comes earlier than expected O.o So now I know for sure that I want get farer in Season 2 Weaves.

Just for clarification when you say

So or so, the Grail Knight will only be available by using money, right? Just buying with Shillings is not an option?

EDITE: Sidenote - And I just finished the 100 games for all careers T_T

1 Like

One step closer to adding Loremaster or Archmage career.

The Council of Loremasters approves

2 Likes

Correct, at least at the time of print. We have talked about it, and done some surveying on the idea of careers for in-game coin as a side option to paying real money, but we got feedback it muddies the waters we wanted to avoid muddying - putting a Real World price on shillings.

8 Likes

Yea, I remember that discussion and support it too. Just wanted to make sure due to the wording.

Thanks for the answer.

2 Likes

I just hope the “Tweaks and Fixes” will justify the open palms…

1 Like

Still no dedicated serv… AAAAAAAARGH.

10 Likes

Krubs class behind paywall ughhh thats so bad. Why not give other option too like doing all kruber achievements.

I would be ok with this but with how you guys do dlc weapons thats just bad. He gonna be straight p2w :smiley:

well after him being out, his weapon is typicall dlc weapon but him itself is something else

4 Likes

They can’t work for free…

9 Likes

Any word on weapon and/or talent balancing? Considering the planned start of S3 on June 23, I assume there won’t be a beta beforehand.

I support the question @Fatshark_Hedge. Are there some balance patch as well coming ?

I’m hyped as f@@@ for the new career but this is an info we would like to get as players, and we can understand if it was skipped for later but the info would be appreciated.

The current plan is for a BBB during S3. No concrete info on that yet.

9 Likes

Well, it is no different from normal and paid DLC with a new character class. The question is how much will it cost? If the cost of one character is the same as, for example, WoM, then I don’t know if it’s worth it because gameplay doesn’t change at all… (this game is still only about “chopping”)

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer !

I thought LE was gonna replace dlc prices? Are we still getting dlc’s now?

1 Like

Who did you survey?

1 Like

If I understood well. All “dividing playerbase” dlc are now free (so everyone can play new modes and maps). And some dlc will still be paid.
New interesting info from Hedge that’s not there :
“That’s right. We’re looking at a very cheap version (think a large coffee) which offers players the base model, weapons and the gameplay elements, with a very optional upgrade which offers a bunch of challenges, additional cosmetics etc.”

(there were 2 added dlc in database during last week on steam)

So how does a new career fall under the ‘challenges and cosmetics dlc’?

2 Likes

Doesn’t really divide what playerbase can play. But I see your point.