Season 2 Beta Information & FAQ

Not sure the shillings earned by DLC will be available during the beta. But we’ll see.

Pretty sure you won’t “lose” the shilling you earned that way if there’s a reset.

I’m guessing this is the case, or a free refund after the Beta. Just give us a little pocket money to mess with during the Beta for free, eh Fatshark? :slight_smile:

Yeah, probably not…

I think the nice middle way is :

• Either, you’re sure about shilling earn, and you want your shop to propose only a limited selection, so people can’t buy all the shop at once =p
  • Either, you’re not so sure about the shop either, and you want to control the shilling earns. So, here, you have to track down the number of games completed, and reward each player accordingly at the end of the beta, not regarding the current earning. In case of a reset.

Will there be a limited access to the beta or will it be open to anyone who wants to join in like the experimental patch?

I am too damn curious about the new stuff! Gimme invites plx .<

1 Like

I would bet on a password like p@ssword4r4ts

1 Like

That would be so fitting for ironic reasons, the best reasons. :joy:

People seem to be upset about the beta, but personally I think it’s good. I’d much rather this go out as an opt-in just when they all go off to break, not just so we can test it, but also so that if it breaks the game it won’t be the WHOLE game that’s unplayable.

7 Likes

Exactly. I think people are upset more about the possible reset of Lohners shop. It’s already going to be bare bones, just so we can test. Now, if someone finds an exploit that lets them buy everything in the shop in a few minutes, it’s obviously going to get rolled back. Better all the kinks are worked out now before it goes live to all platforms.

5 Likes

I wonder if the shop will let us purchase some of the cosmetics currently in-game, such as the commendation chest hats. That would be pretty neat. I´ve been going after them for ages but never get the ones I want. It seems like that would make sense for a “limited test”, as in offering mainly old cosmetics to see how it works.

4 Likes

This is not a bad suggestion @Don_Kanaille , as I want the Roaring Helm for FK and have got everything else with 1500 hours :frowning:

1 Like

This seems like a pretty reasonable suggestion. I’m not sure how the back end works but you wouldn’t even have to pull them from the chests. Hats could drop from the Commies, but if they don’t you can still get the ones you want by just earning shillings for them.

They will still be staggered throughout Season 2.

There should be folks on hand for emergent issues, but unlikely swathing changes, until early January.

The items available in beta will likely be items already in-game which can be purchased for Shillings. This is limited in so much as new cosmetics not being available, and no premium items either. ( @Don_Kanaille called it!)

Provided the player owns Vermintide 2, they can opt in.

9 Likes

You guys are great^^

2 Likes

I just wanted to say how much I appreciate replies like these, Hedge. I fully understand you can’t tell us everything sometimes, and that you also have other things to do, but having direct questions answered is simply very nice. Please do that more often, even if the answer is a simple “We don’t know yet.”, or something. Makes people feel heard, at least.

On topic: Yeah, smart move doing the Emporium like that in the Beta. No new cosmetics means you don’t lose out if you don’t partake, and people need not feel bad about spending Shillings since they wouldn’t have gotten those if they didn’t play Beta anyways.

5 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for the update :slight_smile:

Small question. Does the current interface actually checks if we already own the items/cosmetics ? Because going through all our red illusions to see what we have and what we don’t will prove a bit boring =p

6 Likes

The items available in beta will likely be items already in-game which can be purchased for Shillings. This is limited in so much as new cosmetics not being available, and no premium items either. ( @Don_Kanaille called it!)

Im fine with that. Finally gonna get myself some fancy helmets!

Hey,

What time does the beta be alive?

before midnight tonight

LMFAO your Hilarious :slight_smile:

1 Like