Rework the purple potion for fair monster/lord fights

Imma join you on that.

4 Likes

The Rasknitt fight is decent but I think it’d be better if Rasknitt & Deatrattler’s lifespan was swapped. It’s kinda stupid that Deathrattler dies much more quickly than Rasknitt does.

@TmanDW And by increasing HP I don’t mean something as boring as just simply more hit points but rather giving some form of armor or damage reduction from ults and/or crits which has a similar effect without affecting the non-burst careers. A good example being Gatekeeper’s complete lack of damage reduction and Rasknitt, Gatekeeper technically “has more HP” but the Gatekeeper dies in a much shorter timespan.

4 Likes

I mean, that’s definitely better than a straight HP increase, but what about the non-burst boss killers? Moonbow, Hagstalker, Beam BW all for the most part just do high continous boss DPS. Yeah they’re less problematic than double shotted BH with conc pot holding a boss in place and killing it in 10 seconds, but I’m not quite sure I get the obsession everyone seems to have with “burst” damage.

5 Likes

I’m glad I’m not alone in blaming busted ultimates+purple pots.
The problem with increasing bosses’ health or resistances is that it would make those DPS careers even more mandatory.

I’d say because you can be on the receiving end of that burst :stuck_out_tongue:
Nothing in this game scares me as much as having a bounty hunter and a moonbow anything in my team.

2 Likes

Well moonbow & famished flames should get a nerf obviously, but I think Hagbane & Beam have a decent trade-off that justifies their potential damage output.

3 Likes

I get what you’re saying for the most part, but what exactly is the trade-off for Hagbane?

It’s not as good as the other weapons at killing specials & elites in a quick manner requiring 2 shots & more time to kill. Only being better than Swift bow & volley x-bow in that regard. That plus its low total ammo is pretty bad imo, there’s more to it than that but it’s biggest one for me.

Though I think we’re getting pretty off-topic now :sweat_smile:

2 Likes