Rewards for end game are wholly unfulfilling

Yeah i know but i think you know what I mean - It’s not a story driven game and thus the story part is extremely limited to the point, at least for me, that it might as well not be there.

As for the end times transitioning to the age of sigmar that is something only fans of wahammer would know or those whom took the time to look up some of the lore. Im the latter but I dont think many players are that interested in lore. they just want to play and have fun while progressing.

But even though there is a well build background I dont think it has any bearing here as it’s not accessibly ingame. I find the core gameplay fun but I couldn’t give to …… about the story, the heroes, their struggles or anything else other than i like that kruber is insane. I have been given no incentive to feel otherwise and as a lover of all things rpg I always want that background, the reason to care for a character etc.

So at least for me when all these missing things are combined I’m less than impressed with anything but the core gameplay which is swing block swing block etc. that part is great. My reason for coming back is due to its potential. What it could become and what I hope it will eventually end up becoming.
But I am pretty sure that wont happen even though FS has been taking notes from the forum but this just seems like no mans sky. It’s too much to fix for a small indie company that if they decide to actually go about implementing something, they will do it in VT3. Only question that remains is if FS will eventually respond and what that response will be.

I for one would be satisfied with whatever respond they decide to come out with just as long as they respond. It’s tiring to keep giving feedback when there isn’t coming any response back.

There doesnt even need to be an explanation. They could just implement a system into the forum where they answer in the same way the acknowledge bugs.
Could be “looking into it, well be back” “no” “yes” etc.

I agree btw on that last part. in my earlier post I also wrote that I would be happy for any end game content in what ever form it might arrive. I’m not hard to please I dont think you are either or anybody else for that matter. It’s a legitimate request I think and I don’t think it would be that hard to implement.

I’m going to put one of my thoughts here, as it’s somewhat relevant to the topic at hand, I haven’t seen anything more relevant being up, and I don’t think it needs a whole new thread.

I think the Veteran items are boring.

Or more accurately, they don’t feel unique. They don’t give anything that can’t be achieved with Exotics, and the Illusions are just cosmetics that don’t affect anything (and aren’t even that much more special, being versions of other skins, sometimes the basic ones, with glowy bits). In VT1 (even if the system as a whole was worse and a lot less consistent) the Reds at least had unique trait combinations not available on Oranges. Not so much now, as every Exoatic and every Veteran item (okay, only most actually, but the exceptions are sensible and consistent) can have the same attributes. The only advantage Veteran items have that they have max Properties, giving a bit leeway in rerolling. That doesn’t still feel unique, as I think the rarest weapons should. All of this also makes them overrated, imo.

What to do about this then? Giving them additional attributes would just be power creep, and that’s happened (and likely will happen) enough already. In VT1 either, the Reds weren’t inherently more powerful. Unique attribute combinations cannot be done here, as the combinations aren’t limited. The only idea I’ve been able to figure out would be a few Veteran-exclusive Traits, that would specifically reward skilled play, or that would come with relatively heavy drawbacks (in style of Natural Bond). Thus they could have something to separate them from Exotics that skilled players could use, but that wouldn’t directly make them stronger or overshadow other options (as all the regular Traits would still be there too, and hopefully better for many people). As a single example, give a weapon a DoT effect that ends up giving extra damage, but reduce its regular Power by somewhat less. End result would a a slightly stronger weapon overall, but at the cost of not all damage being immediate.

I like that idea.
Natural bond for one requires above avg skills anyways and not many people are using it so it would make sense. As do the rest youre pointing out. Again i like it

Over 1000 now for me similar complaint… I have over 200 commendation chests that I don’t want to open because I just simply know it’s junk I’m going to need to put through the ancient scrap system. I’ve burnt thru hundreds of generals and emperors legendary boxes only to get a ridiculous 15th red necklace or 4th blunderbuss. All I want is a handgun. Can I trade in 10 red necklaces or 9000 scrap to make a red that I want?

" I have zero sense of excitement or anticipation when opening a Vault, gens chest or emp chest, theirs zero expectation of finding something useful." Completely agree yet numb to it. Not sure why I’m playing still. I think I’ve accepted that the game has pretty much reached it’s ceiling. A sandbox mode, training mode, 1 on 1 mode could be fun.

I get what you are saying but when your looking at throwing any where from 100-150 shards total ( blue and green ) to get the props you want at 75-80% of max rolls and you are like me and go from chR to char building kits for each with mutiable copies of the same kind of weapons, built to go with gear sets for different roles. You are looking at a massive investment of time to get the shards necessary to do that.

Reds solve that problem, 2 of the same red weapon and I’ll have what I need. It’s taken over 500 champ and legend runs to get just my elf’s available gear all red at this point all I’m missing is a single long sword, sword and dagger and glave. The problem being I have 4 more chars to work on and that’s looking like close to 2000 more runs ands that’s just stupid.

As far as exotics not being better than reds, in theory yes it can happen. In practice I have zero perfectly rolled exotics with the combos I want to keep. And the perf3ct rolls make a noticeable difference in combat.

I’ve suggested that often enough, so I fully agree.
Due to the trinket system, the choices on there are limited, but I still hope for some options.
And yes, I’d love a poisoner or immolation trait - it might even synergize well with weapons that do that already for a new playstyle.
In turn, I’d definitely like the return of the stat improvements as they were available in VT1 - if Reds have some actual notable features, then they don’t need that boon anymore.

Those items could actually be content by themselves.
Say, cursed weapons that have rare trait options with strong negatives, but you only get the full bonus by fulfilling a challenge with them.
Say, play 20 champion+ games, or kill 5 bosses with a headshot, or survive 5 games without healing.
I suppose it’s easier to have an actual VT1 bounty board (maybe that poster near the closed room in the keep will be it), but I like the image of the challenges being dynamically implemented into the game.

The loot system in this game is a joke. I REALLY want to like Fatshark as a developer, but whoever the devs are on their team that are responsible for the loot system, need to be fired immediately and replaced with competent ones that understand how cosmetics and end game content works in modern video games.

I’ve got 800+ hours on VT1, and about half that much on VT2 and I still can’t believe how badly they screwed over the players AGAIN, by implementing the same exact Skinner Box loot system to try and artificially extend the play time.

I had collected EVERY red in VT1, and although I had a lot of fun along the journey, it was really only after I had the full set for my main character that I got to really experience end-game content that many hard-core players sought. It is insane to make a game where your equipment, traits, and property choices can completely change your play style and then not give it to you. FatShark is a company that found a diamond but chooses to refine it by smashing it with a hammer.

I don’t know what they’re going to do with the new red dust crafting system, but I’m seriously not going to hold me breath anymore. Vermintide 2 has SO much potential to be an amazing game but it’s staggering how the dev’s have repeated nearly all the same mistakes from Vermintide 1.

The ship is sailing, FatShark; better get your edit wonderful belongings edit together. Because I definitely won’t be buying Vermintide 3 if you make the same imbecilic design choices as you did with 2.

2 Likes

I was just about to make a thread on this; after beating Legend plenty of times, you realise the rare items that you want are practiaclly unobtainable due to the nature of random drops coupled with the low drop rate for cosmetics/veteran items.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.