(Resolved, sort of) Mouse sensitivity changing while sprinting and dodge sliding (I'm probably just going crazy)

Issue Description:
While wielding a weapon in the ranged weapon slot the mouse sensitivity changes while in the psykanium. Have not tested in normal runs.
Update: not exclusively to the psykanium and also applys to the grenade. My mouse sens. is 0.2 in game
Update 2: I’m an idiot - I didn’t see the new sensitivity options added to the game. False alarm, but maybe default the sens. to equal melee.
Update 3: I was right! Mouse sensitivity changes while sprinting and dodge sliding. approximately x2
Update 4: Testing in the pykanium, I can’t see the odd behaviour while sprinting or sliding.

Steps to Reproduce:
Playing as Zealot on low default sensitivity in pykanium. Switch to flamer or revolver etc. Mouse sensitivity goes very high

Mission Name (If Applicable):
Pykanium

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]
steam

Player ID:

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
03/10/2023 20:00 BST

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

[PC] Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log:
[Instructions: How To Provide a Crash Report, Console Log, or darktide_launcher.log]

1 Like

UPDATE: it’s new mouse settings, see post below.

Not just you! Can confirm mouse sense is fluctuating from what is set to much higher due to Ranged Weapon. I have mouse sense at 0.3, sometimes it’s fine, most of the time it is much higher. Instead of doing a 180, I’m doing more than a 360.

I tried Psyker & Zealot in Psykhanium, and Psyker in-game missions. It seems fine in the Mourningstar (since can’t equip Ranged weapon, obviously).

HOW TO REPRODUCE:
Equip any secondary/ranged weapon (in my case any staff or gun), and voila, sensitivity goes way up. Switch to Melee weapon or Blitz ability and sensitivity returns to normal. Combat ability has no effect on the bug. Neither does ADS on ranged.

Mission Name (If Applicable):
In-game (Hab Dreyko), and also Psykhanium

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]
steam

Player ID:

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
04/10/2023 10:00 AEST

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)
Having your ranged weapon out creates the issue 100% of the time

I’ve found they’ve added more options under the input which fixed most of my problems. This caught me of guard so I’d recommend looking as well. This is what I first reported mistakenly thinking it was a bug. BUT the fluctuating is interesting.

The second issue I’m having is while sprinting and dodging. In game, in a mission I can swear it’s happening but popping out into pykanium to test, it’s definitely behaving normally. So I think I’m just going crazy.

1 Like

Yes it’s actually fine, they’ve added more sensitivity options (or reset them?). I have changed all parameters to 0.3 sens, and ranged weapons are normal again.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.