Rats need hordes

I think the issue currently im having is that there is no protection for the player-rats, as usually specials do their most damage in the middle of hordes, when they are harder to take care of immediately. In the gamemode, nearly everything on-shots you, especially ults that seek you out, and specials do nearly do damage compared to the constant heals that players get.

Hope this helps!

6 Likes

Yea it currently feels like recruit/veteran with how few hordes & elites there are. I would love to have more rats to kill and work with.

4 Likes

what if the player rats could vote on when to start an ambush or horde, with a cooldown? That way there are fewer lone rats just popping up and dying, with more mechanical teamwork support?

5 Likes

Maybe give Packmaster a horde spawn ability (one time use). I think the Packmaster could fit nicely into this role. Or maybe break the mold and give the player a Storm Vermin to control (Halberd Variant).

The SV(halberd) already has a stand and point emote; this could be their emote when ability is used. The ability would require LoS to give the heroes a chance to shut down the horde call.

I like this. instead of a vote, which can lead to frustration, just display a cooldown timer to show the team when the hordes are spawning.

3 Likes