Psyker Penances Are Impossible

Penances should encourage players to play their class well, the current Psyker ones in particular just seem to require toxic behaviour if players are trying to get some of them in public groups.

I play pugs almost exclusively and have just stopped trying to get penances, I don’t want to screw my team over doing a hair-brained task designed for an earlier iteration of the game.

I’ve done all the penances by this point. This wasn’t at all easy but I am extremely satisfied with having completed them now. Really good challenges, even if you need to alter your playstyle for them. The only one I didn’t do in a regular game was warp battery, others (and this one too) are possible to complete without sacrificing the run.

Generally i dont like Achievements mostly because they force me to go way out of my way of playing game.
While some may be interesting like using certain weapons to do a certain feat, but the penances that require you to brab burst a hound when its leaping, stacking 4 charges for 6 minutes where a single map is 25-30min, suiciding, setting up enemy is nearely suicidal formation or simply do something that can make you lose a run and destroy the gameplay of 3 other players is plain toxic piece of crap.

And walling rewards behind such achievements is even worse as it simply makes players feel they lose features.

The best part is that an ogryn can go into the highest mission type, charge the first group of ogryns and get it, and dumpster out if the mission. If he doesnt get ogryn to charge, he can just leave mission till he gets it. Been working on this blowing up three elites all morning and can’t get it done. It literally forces your team to be a drain on their gameplay. Don’t even get me started on downing a Nurgle spawn on your own. It’s not even that the mission is difficult but that its just so much easier for some of the other classes, preachers, I’m looking at you. Bad design.

1 Like

Honestly the knock 20 people off a ledge is fairly easy… But it’s only really possible on the Raid map with the ammo as it is an endless wave at the end, just go to the chopper and charge yourself to max peril and knock them off and use your force sword to push those that got knocked down.

That being said, it is a ridiculous requirement.

Penances should foster team play, not the other way around and very few of said penances foster teamplay.

1 Like

I am happy to report they changed most of them :

Criticisms around Going Out with a Bang still stand in my opinion, but the others should calm the toxicity a tad.

1 Like

Now they just need to make pysker fun to play. Rework the warp charges.

Rework Brain Burst, Warp Charges and Talents to encourage different playstyles and cooperation instead of competition around a lacklustre mechanic.

1 Like

Well, I think I have clue about this now, looking at the cash shop with every possible phone game marketing mechanic tacked onto it…

Going out with a bang… still the most impossible penance for myself. Im at my wits end with this penance. Been working on it since last week. Everything done BUT this one… jfc help!

1 Like

I feel you bro. It’s god awful.

The Pick n Mix penance is by far the hardest one. The odds of finding 5 elites on heresy together isnt difficult but finding 5 that can be one popped, arent 5 reapers rushing you at once qhile in a horde. If you accidently click on the wrong enemy head you lose that precious 1 second to complete the alreqdy impossible penance.

Heck id be happy with the pick n mix penance to be: in a single mission, brain burst 10-15 elites or special enemies on heresy difficulty or higher.

2 Likes

Malleus monstronum is still utterly incoherent.
One can’t control what other people do and you need their help to complete this one. I rarely find people to play on heresy and when I do, I need to bother them to help me get the penance done, which by the way, not killing a boss the fastest way possible, can ruin your mission if the game decides to spam you with specials and elites.

One must be able to complete penances without requiering to interact with other players, or at least not in such an intrusive way.

FFS fatshark! Not everyone speaks english even! Anyone trying to do this needs to find a heresy match (wich is hard for me) be able to talk with all the other players (which is hard because I’ve been in matches with people that only speak portuguese or spanish), convince them to help with something that can ruin the mission, hope to find a monster on the map (which doesn’t always happen) and then hope that you don’t get obliterated by enemy spawns while you are trying to solo the monster.
NOPE.

Any penance that requieres to control what the other players do MUST BE REWORKED.

3 Likes