Psyker Brain Burst needs to be changed

I noticed that but tutorial still says you can’t dodge with ranged weapon…

Check in the options, there is a slider for that. I have it at 0.1s.

2 Likes

I completely agree with everything you’ve said and I think these sorts of changes would fix nearly all of the issues that people are currently experiencing with the class, I hope FS looks at this and at least takes some of it on board before full release.

1 Like

Hands down best BB suggestion so far.

1 Like

It might sound odd, but I rather like most of things.
Changing direction while sprinting, dodging around, etc, has a feel of weight to it that Vermintide lacked.
With dodging slowing down your stamina recovery, it isn’t just an infinite resource that’s better than blocking at its actual job while also costing less and allowing you to reposition (not that blocking is usually a great idea), so while they’ll have a lot of tuning to do in the balance department, the idea is sound. I get that some people don’t like it, though.

As for Brain Burst: The ability is just so horribly boring. I’m not talking about its poor performance on higher difficulties (just making it deal 30% more damage against infested would help a lot there), but just the application.
If I use it while dodging telegraphed ranged fire, or near melee enemies, and I need to time dodges for a few seconds while charging it, I at least have something to do, but most of the time, I just activate it and retreat into cover to wait.
Yes, the targeting needs to be improved, but the ability is just too simple to be such a big part of a classes kit.
I do like and support the idea of BB having a “culling strike” mechanic of killing something that’s nearly dead afterwards.
As for engagement:

• It would be nice if a target for the primary charge had a specific point on the charge bar you’d need to hit, whereupon you’d deal a bit of extra damage. This is admittedly needlessly complicated.
  • Likewise, as you already get a charge when the target dies once you’re over 50% charge, but before it’s full, you should be able to release the charge at any time at that point, causing reduced damage, but full stagger. This would also facilitate the ability to quickly gain charges off chaff.
  • I’d also the ability to gain a charge rate bonus if you haven’t used it for 10 seconds or so, so in melee, you could interweave a quick stun-blast on a single target, making the ability feel more fun and interactive.
  • Lastly, I think the secondary charge should cost less peril (and be ever so slightly faster), and, once you reach a full charge, overcharge slowly, allowing you to deal some bonus damage on release - thus giving you an actual usecase for it besides quickly killing that disabler you just know will come through that door in the next 10 seconds.

Oh, and if multiple Psykers are present, the other Psyker’s glow should have a different colour to the player (if they are a psyker) to not have multiple people accidentally target the same enemy with brain burst. (And barring a rebalance of soulblaze, the feat that ignites enemies near a killed target should at least stun them for a bit).

2 Likes

I am disappointed by the fact there were no Psyker changes with the release.

2 Likes

While I’m not discounting your suggestions. I think simply lowering the casting time for BB would help tremendously to improve it’s feel, pacing, and effectiveness. This game is very fast paced and being defenceless for that long doesn’t fly in a lot of situations.

Faster casting would also reduce the pain of scaling we have with higher difficulties. Having to BB a target 2 or 3 times would be much less an issue.

Peril already suppresses us enough, there’s not need to fthe casting time to slow us down too.

Everything is so prohibitive you cannot be reactive. BB is 3 single target casts at 3 seconds each + then vent makes it useless in almost any situation.
The only upside to bb is if there is a bomber that runs away that you managed to snap to before he went into hiding and he was low enough for you to kill.
Any other case is better handled by a vet with a bolter.

2 Likes

Oh there were psyker changes. They made the soloing a boss only 90% instead of 100%. 7 instead of 20 enemies kicked off a cliff.

12 seconds to kill 5 specials…yeah, no, it wasn’t changed…

1 Like

Having to worry about Warpcharge in general is annoying IMO, Brainburst leaves you really open for a measly 3% damage per stack, it’s a joke to me and I’d rather focus on CC with the Surge staff to help stun Ragers and other specials instead.

I think BB is fine. Maintaining warp charges is not fun though.

BB just needs to scale with your Level/Equipment Level/or Difficulty (pick one). Right now I dont even use it on Heresy or higher. That’s really it.

1 Like