A slight tweak to make Psyker more bearable

So, using the Psyker is kind of a pain in the butt. I really want to use the Brain Burst ability to build up the Warp Charge damage buff, but the ability is so slow that every time I try to use it on an enemy, they end up being killed by a teammate first, and I waste not only my time but I also build up pointless peril.

A really simple fix that could be implemented, is that if an enemy dies (from a teammate or something else) before you can successfully kill it with Brain Burst, then you will automatically earn a Warp Charge.

If this was implemented, I would use Brain Burst a heck of a lot more than I do now, and I think other people would as well (most people I see only use Brain Burst on specials, and most of the time even they die before they can execute the blast and earn a Warp Charge).

2 Likes

You would just gain max warp charges in 3 seconds by alternating targets on trash mobs

Warp charges management should be a bit more than just “pick Psychic Communion or ignore warp stacks altogether”, but that’s not the answer

I think the simplest solution is to make it so that brain burst is faster based on the target’s health percentage. EG: You start a channel on that mean ole crusher coming for your team. Your team starts beating on it. As they do so it makes your charge faster because its health is going down.

Makes it work with your team rather than against them.

2 Likes

Well, not the simplest, but definitely an elegant solution. Wouldn’t change the issue if someone was to pop the head of your target, but would reduce the overall time and pain of keeping the stacks up

You’d still build the normal amount of peril it would take to kill said enemy, so you wouldn’t be able to just keep spamming Brain Burst.

The Psyker is supposed to be an advanced class, where the real fun is having to juggle Brain Burst, Warp Charges and Peril. That being said, I feel like it would be challenge enough to remember to keep using brain burst to keep the chain rolling, especially during chaotic horde and boss rushes, and that the current system severely disrupts the ‘flow’ it takes to be an effective Psyker player. No one wants to have to sit there for 3-4 seconds hoping that their ally won’t kill the enemy they have selected.

No ?

You’d build like 10-20 peril

Completely Brain Bursting the lowest enemy generates 45% Peril. They could balance it out so that if an ally kills the enemy, you’d only build 25-30% (which I feels is plenty to just keep the warp charge chain flowing, given that I’m almost always above 50% peril from using my staves).

If you are most of the way to casting on something, you do get the warp charge. I am not sure what the threshold is, 50%, 66%, 75% but its one of those probably.