Progression Feels Like It's In A Void

There’s nowhere to check what weapons are available and what weapons you have yet to unlock, or when to unlock them as far as I can tell. It feels for the most part like my level is just vaguely a number going up, and I have nothing to actually look forward to with it. At least if there was like a progression chart I could be like “oh cool, only two more levels until I unlock the Power Sword!” but as of right now it’s like “alright, I’m level 11, I might get a power sword at some point in the next 30 hours of my gameplay, guess it’s time to slam my head into the wall again.”

8 Likes

I agree. It feels totally pointless. I just feel like I’m playing for the sake of playing. Worst part is that there’s nothing to look forward to, for two reasons:

Firstly, I main Psyker and I’m not really looking forward to any of the talents. They all seem weak and/or inconsequential. Removing slowdown while Quelling seems nice, and enhanced Brain Burst after Ult use seems cool for nuking bosses, but that’s about it.

Second, I don’t know what the weapon stats do so I can’t really go “oh OK I want more of that”. Plus, the weapons are random, so I never know what I’m going to get. Also, someone tested the stats in the Meat Grinder and either the weapons are broken or the Meat Grinder is, they found a power level 200 weapon doing more damage than a power level 300 weapon.

1 Like

Thats because its not really a “Power level” in the sense that we understand it coming from VT.
In VT it was very very straight forward, you got a power 300 weapons end of story it was a 300 weapon same as every other one in its class. But, in DT, that level indicates the number of stats it has. So if you have a say, level 150 weapon, but majoriy of that is all in damage, its going to be doing more then a say 300 stat weapon taht has most of its points in everything BUT damage.

Either way, personally, i hate this method of gearing, i think it sucks, i think that its RNG ontop of RNG thats just not needed. Nothing was wrong with the VT gearing system, we did not and still dont, need randomly allocated stats to weapons.

Personally i think this is a very worrisome sign to me. This screams incoming loot box gearing, where you can buy requisitions with Premium currency, and these boxes will have a might better chance of dropping high stat level gear, or higher distribution of stats in the better stats. Because lets be honest here. Everyone would much rather have more ammo, and damage then something like mobility.
Then the veil of “Well these weapons could also appear in the shop or drop” but in reality the chance of seeing such a weapon is so astronomically low in comparison, that its realistically not possible to get.

I hope im wrong, but im very worried about it when it comes to the concerns of this game.

2 Likes

Despite sinking almost 700 hours into it, I can say with confidence that VT2’s loot system sucked too. It took way too long to get to gear level 300 and it took way too long to max out your character. It was also way too dependent on RNG. Watching a friend play from scratch recently was pretty painful.

The Weave gear system was great though. You had a currency you had to spend to unlock slots and upgrades and then you could allocate and re-allocate to your heart’s content. It took some time to get to max level but you felt like every purchase was a small step up. You wanted more power, more stamina, more attack speed, you just slotted it in and had to get enough essence if you couldn’t do it yet. Here, it feels everything you do (level up, buy gear) is just a drop in the ocean. They made it a bit too easy when they made essence drop from regular missions but I guess Weaves were in a bad spot so they tried to make them more approachable. Anyway, I really hoped they would port the Weave upgrade system from VT2 into DT but instead we have this weird RNG vendor with stats that make no sense and weapons that feel puny no matter what the bars/numbers say.

2 Likes

VT2’s loot system sucked up until the point they added the ability to craft red gear. Once that was in VTs system was great. It offered you constant progression, and the ability to work toward your desired item.

Its also a whole lot better then teh current system in DT, which this thing is fully 2 steps back, not even 1 step forward, its just pure downgrade from VT2.

1 Like