[Poll] Sienna - Unchained - Talent - Chain Reaction

No. Like … really … no. Outburst standing for itself alone is already a good talent on par with Frenzied Flame or better. Paired up with Enfeebling Flames it is superior. But it is a complete different discussion and one we don’t have to lead here or have in general because nothing can convince me from the opposite.

As for the general discussion. Just switch Abandon and Chain Reaction in the skill tree. And then … remove Chain Reaction completely and make a new talent for it. Completely new talent.

Chain Reaction is to specific in its usage for me to see a suitable application. It does no damage. And while I am the first person to say that not everything has to be about dps, it is strange in this occassion. Stagger alone even if increased does nothing fruitful. It could slow down hordes a bit but I don’t expect much benefit. You could give it damage but it would be a boring solution AND it would make it terrible to balance because it would fluctuate between still useless and overpowered.

Even more general: While I am still upset with the nature of Abandon and its position in the skill tree I would say Unchained is of lesser concern right now. There is still a minority of careers which is out of whack and simply overpowered (even if just with specific set-ups) which need to be nerfed first before we go back to the summer BBB changes.

What would you replace it with. Just some concept ideas, doesn’t have to be too worked out.

So readers can get an idea.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I already suggested this in the past:

• Burning Wounds: Upon being damaged Sienna erupts a small area of effect fire burst proportional to the damage received.

It would be a kinda odd, though unique, defense talent. If Unchained gets hit by a Chaos Warrior for example it could damage/potentially kill horde enemies around here. Kinda like offense defense. Of course you shouldn’t get hit, but the same can be said for damage reduction talents. It would also fit with the burning persona of Unchained and the chose your type of flame identity.

2 Likes

Nice concept. It’s a bit like current chain reaction, just a different activation mechanic.

It activates due to sienna taking damage, which then makes her stagger or damage 360°.

No stagger though. That would make it to strong. So actually quite the opposite of Chain Reaction as it is close range and damage while the other one is mostly range and stagger.

Also, should be positioned in the same row as Enfeebling Flames to avoid the super-synergy between the two talents.

tbh she should probably have more synergy among her talents rather than less

1 Like

The biggest issue that comes to mind when reading your suggestion are the synergies with bomb balm and abandon.

How so? The synergy between Bomb Balm and Abandon already exists. It would be unchanged. If you when the synergy of Bomb Balm - Burning Wounds - Abandon then I would be okay with it because you would have to skip both on Frenzied Flame/Outburst and Enfeebling Flames. It would be a defense/safety build at the cost of damage support. But to be honest, personally, I would get rid of Bomb Balm too.

Which she has. There are the obvious synergies like Outburst-Enfeebling Flames-Wildfire. But you also have synergies like Frenzied Flame-Dissipate(-Wildfire). You also have Conduit-Natural Talent-Fuel to the Fire if you want to go range dps. Or you go safety with Numb to Pain-Abandon-Bomb Balm.

As Mattie mentioned by switching the positions of Chain Reaction and Abandon and also replacing Chain Reaction we would get the new synergy mentioned above. We would also get the improved synergy between Abandon-Conduit-Natural Talent-Fuel to the Fire/Bomb Balm for strenghtened ranged play.

The only thing we would “lose” is drooling Unchained playstyle of Frenzied Flame-Abandon-Bomb Balm. And to be honest, I want to get rid of that one. People should HAVE TO chose between melee dps and safety. Abandon and Frenzied Flame should be in the same row.

people are always going to pick abandon though; it’s pretty much the best talent that Unchained has

1 Like

Personally, I think, Enfeebling Flames is the better choice as it provides team support if you look at the talents alone. Abandon compensates this by the synergy with Bomb Balm though.

But I guarantee you, the moment people have to choose between their Holy Cow of Attack Speed/DPS (Frenzied Flame) and more safety (Abandon) they will start sweating. It will be far more balanced as the current situation.

That is the whole reason why people are so adverse to this suggestion. Because they want to avoid a difficult decision.

actually I’m more adverse because I don’t think Unchained need become weak again

I don’t like bomb balm at all personally since it is, imo, too much of an obvious choice and doesn’t really suit UC’s theme. Thing is abandon is pretty much a must take if you want any degree of comfort or a means to circumvent overheating due to bad luck

1 Like

Unchained does not become weak even if you completely remove Abandon. And my suggestion would only remove the playstyle where you are superpowered both in offense and defense.

1 Like

would you consider unchained overpowered currently?

To be honest, I play her identically to before the BBB, just that Searing Grasp got buffed. I consider the combination of Frenzied Flame-Abandon-Bomb Balm. The rest is balanced and diverse.

I don’t think thats true. If chain reaction got reworked or changed, i would have a choice, especially with some good ideas that came out of this thread. I think most people pick attack speed because there just isn’t any choice. Like currently you have like outburst which has synergies with enfeebling flames, but if i don’t go that, i just go attack speed, because chain reaction is so bad i don’t even consider it being there.

Well, I can’t state it as fact currently. But there is choice. Outburst is equal or better to Frenzied Flame. However, people still choose attack speed because it is more braindead. Let us just test it out. Fatshark has now the numbers for the current iteration and should see problems in both rows. This can be resolved.

outburst really isn’t all that great tbh

15% attack speed just brings much more value compared to an extremely bleh DoT and wide push. Brain power really doesn’t play much of a role in the choice

I’m not saying it’s not the most picked talent. I’m saying if you don’t go enfeebling, why choose outburst? And chain reaction is basically not a pick ever, so its obvious players will go to attack speed.

Because with Frenzied Flame you have 15 % more dps. If you just have four enemies in your surroundings you do more damage with incorporating pushes in your attack style and outdamage Frenzied Flame easily in horde situations. Additionally, it can help with breakpoints by preparing horde enemies for one hits.

1 Like

Switching talents around are things to be looked at after in my opinion. Unless its clear that one certain talent is the issue and can be solved by switching around, which is don’t think is the issue in the case on chain reaction.

The concept of having chain reaction being procced by taking dmg might be interesting, regardless of the obvious balance issues, that can be tweaked. It resembles grail knight’s temp hp talent, where you get temp on how much you got hit for. Making it do damage, or stagger, or even something else, could make it unique for unchained. Would also fix the issue of having difficulty proccing it, in melee atleast. Might be a good ‘what if’ talent, instead of being active, it would be more ‘i have this to save me incase i do take damage’.

i like it, also like alot of suggestions others have made here.