Please improve the Lucious Hellbore Lasguns

Yeah, I agree. And the light is arguably better than the bayonet as well. Only reason you’d use the Licious pattern lasgun right now is because you are willing to sacrifice a lot for armor piercing ability or you are willing to sacrifice effectiveness for rule of cool.

Sweet, this most recent game update improved the Lucious lasguns a LOT and gave me a lot of what I was asking for here and a few things I didn’t ask for.

I still hope they consider adding a parry to the bayonet attack when you hold it before attacking just like the Brtonnian Longsword.

I only got a decently rolled Hellbore MKIII with no interesting blessings at all, but that thing slaps now on Heresy and Damnation.

Aslong as you are able to aim for heads it deletes Elites and Specials. The DPS is great and allows you to easily run Volley Fire for aslong as there are targets. The Monster damage is great too.

The only thing it absolutely struggles with are normal range mobs. It takes forever to kill a camp of them. A rather harsh downside, but, I guess, a necessary one.

useless gun, needs a scope

1 Like

It pierces armor…

I guess that makes sense since this is the role that the regular infantry lasgun excels at.

I tried a Helbore MKII and III in the meat grinder and it seems very nice now, but haven’t had a chance to take it for a spin yet.

The Lucius II is in a very good spot now. MkI/III are a bit worse off as their uncharged shots deal the same damage but slower and with worse ammo costs. The weak bayonets and long wield times are still big downsides.

Yeah, they could still use some work but at least the worst problems are under control.

I leveled to 30 on the Hellbore before the buff and enjoyed it immensely.

Certainly feels alot easier to use now, slapping stuff in heresy and the ammo consumption now is soo low you barely need ammo bags.

absolutely wrecking with anti shooter build

2 Likes

Im one shotting ogryns with the thing, pretty crazy. Crusher needs a crit to die in 1 shot though.

Which one you prefer? I Think I like the MK III the best (the more damage the better) However I have a near god roll Mk1 which smacks

80% damage, 80% charge rate, 80% stopping power? (struggling to remember secondary damage stat at the moment) and near max ammo capacity aswell.

Lost out on stability stat (like 10% or something) but really dont notice it because of volley fire and perks.

I mostly use the MK3 due to the damage it has over the other marks, i think its the only one that will one shot reapers and bulwarks with ult up without it being a critical strike.

But i will say this about the helbore in general, it sorely needs and optic like the other lasguns have.

1 Like

I think a 2-4x scope would be fitting but yeah.

why cant i charge with the bayonett anymore? its the only way to really use it and it doesnt work now?

I prefer the MKII. MKIII has a slow bayonet attack.

That is true, the MK3 melee is pretty bad.

But i am unsure if the MK2 can reach the damage breakpoints you would need to one shot reapers and bulwarks without having to crit.

the upside is you use the fast bayonet attack by aiming down sights first.

The weapon has high dmg with the cost of :

1. aim sight
  2. draw speed

u need to be good with ur aim, positioning and timing to use this weapon. It is not intended for beginners / novice shooter.

Made a thread a while ago but it’s dead and gone so will just repost it here if anyone thinks it a good idea

Using the hellbore is fun but the bayonet just kinda sucks once enemy’s have so much health on high difficulty it’s faster to swap to melee deal with the 1 or 2 stragglers and swap back.

You now have your regular stabs you just spam to kill stuff and that doesn’t change.
My idea is you hold it down and you keep the gun extended out and stabbed into what you hit.
It locks into the enemy like the chain weapons do.
You then can shoot or charge up fully and shoot and once you do the gun is removed from them and they get knocked back or die.

Maybe make it ignore armor because it would be sick charging at a crusher with fixed bayonets and then pumping charged shots into them from melee range.

I haven’t 1-shot any Reapers yet as far as I recall. I can still take em down quickly with a few headshots though.