Plasmagun doesn't shoot through Bulwark's shield

Is it how it supposed to be?
I just find it wierd that it can shoot through walls but not the shield, and I indeed tried fully charged attack

1 Like

I don’t know the proper TT rules for it other than heavy power against energy shields but seems like for the nature of it a good mechanic would be to melt holes in Bulwark shields that could then be fired through by teammates if nothing else. Not sure how difficult that would be to implement, and honestly haven’t noticed if there’s already squish damage against dino damage armor areas on mobs but there should be.

As an Astra Militarum player:
Ogryn have two sorts of shields, both work independend of the attacking weapon.

Slab Shield:
Allways adds +2 to your saving role, this may be countered/degraded through a high AP stat of the attacking weapon (Plasma: -3 uncharged/charged)

Brute Shield (the smaller one):
Grants the Bullgryn a 4+ Invulnerability role - works like a last chance to survive an attack unharmed no matter what prior to this role happend.

Therefore: Plasma should melt through the shield like it does through walls, that’s its niche

7 Likes

Bulwark’s shield is extremely wonky as it stands. I think the charged plasma shot should just tear right through as the plasma isn’t exactly over preforming or anything’s and it would strengthen the niche it fills.

As a note the main reliable thing I tend to do is roll bolter and stagger the shield out of the way as mass bulwarks had gotten incredibly annoying to deal with in packs where you can’t really get around them, especially with the damage hit box being what it is.

Wait the Plasma Gun DOESN’T shoot through Bulwark shields? That was the main reason I was going to use it…guess there’s no use trying to roll for one now :confused:

1 Like

Bulwarks shield is made from daemonhost hide and blessed by nurgle.

Sounds reasonable!
Explains everything!
Wished Inquisitor Grendyl was radical … could use that shield :slight_smile: :wink:

I think charged plasma should go through the shield. That’s basically what it is designed to do in every depiction to date from vidya to the tabletop.

They should also fix bulwark shields to have an actual hitbox instead of basic shot deflection on the angle you attack. That would let us actually shoot around it instead of bouncing bullets off of thin air.

1 Like

Yah it’s particularly awkward to shoot them in a staggered state with their shield very clearly opening up their front, only to see more pangs and ricochets from the shield.

Yes, also Sharpshooter weapons should make coffee and pay your taxes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.