Plasma gun aim sway

Issue Description:
1.Plasma gun has aim sway when you use alternate fire, as if someone drags your camera either down or up, uncontrollably. 2.Additionally, sometimes making your first shot after a swap or a reload makes your camera twitch upwards making you miss. This happens exclusively on a plasma gun, started to happen from around December the 1st. An abundant video evidence of these two issues is provided.

P.S.: Might want to take notice of weapon heat levels and blessings, as either could have a possible correlation with said issues, imho.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Play Veteran with a plasma gun.
  2. Use alternate fire and/or try to shoot a charged/uncharged shot.
  3. Look for weird, unintentional camera movement/twitching or shots missing off the mark/aimed target completely.

Platform:
[Steam]

Reproduction Rate:
About 15%.

Supporting Evidence:

I’ve used the plasma gun a lot and I don’t think I’ve ever noticed this happening to me, though I’ll pay a bit more attention.

Thank you for your report! This is very weird. Could you please provide us with your launcher log file, as well as console logs for sessions where this happened?

You may find these by doing the following:
Upload Console Log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here

Upload darktide_launcher.log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide
  4. Locate the darktide_launcher.log in this directory
  5. Upload here

Some reddit user actually explained the cause of these issues happening. In two words it’s recoil leftovers. If you switch to your melee, after firing from a Plasma gun, you’ll cancel out the recoil animation, but now instead you’ll notice the “leftovers” of cancelled recovery the very next time you switch back to your gun. Here is a video with basically 100% reproduction ratio. Also I’ve added logs just for the sake of it.

darktide_launcher.log (665.4 KB)
console-2022-12-01-15.00.13-21064ae0-e16c-4154-b58d-eb4405ba9cea.log (383.7 KB)

1 Like

Champion, thanks for the update!