[PC] Vermintide 2 - Patch 1.4.0.2

Heroes!

Patch 1.4.0.2 has just gone live addressing some issues that arose with Patch 1.4 ‘Back to Ubersreik’ as well as some balance tweaks and localisation fixes. The notes are below:

Localization

• Various localization fixes to Simplified Chinese, Polish, and English languages.

Weapons

• Kruber’s Sword and Mace: These weapons should feel, and play nicer now that we’ve correctly configured settings for hit-impact sounds, hit-stop animations, precision sweeps and impact vectors. We’ve switched the heavy attack damage templates to the heavy one-handed versions. These weapons should now count and proc like heavy attacks while also increasing damage output by a lot - specifically against armor.
  • Saltzpyre’s Axe and Falchion: We’ve updated hit-impact sounds to play blunt and slashing properly, as well as tuned up the animation playback speed of light attacks one and two.
  • Brace of Pistols: We’ve increased damage against Bosses by a lot, to adjust for the changes in ammo and reloading - from 0.75 to 2.5 near and 1.5 far range. Increased Power boost from 0.75 to 1.0 - which increases power for potions, and similar effects. We’ve increased the dodge range and speed from 1.1 to 1.25. Increased efficient dodge count to 100 (or pretty much infinite). Dodge dance away.
  • Incendiary Bombs have been tweaked:
    • Increased damage over time from 1 damage per tick to 5.75 damage per tick, on unarmored enemies. From 1 damage per tick to 1.75 damage per tick, on armored enemies.
    • Increased the duration of the damage over time from 3 seconds to 6 seconds.
    • Decreased the stagger radius from 3 meters to 2 meters.
    • Decreased the impact damage by about a half.

(Incendiary bombs should now work much better against masses of unarmored enemies. It deals more damage to armored targets, except Chaos Warriors. But it does not have the as powerful impact damage and stagger effect that regular bombs have.)

• Bombs have been tweaked as well:
    • Increased the damage multiplier versus bosses from 1.5 to 3.0.
  • Explosive barrels have been tweaked:
    • Increased the damage multiplier versus bosses from 1.5 to 2.5.

Bug fixes

• Fixed an issue where you could become stuck with a wide crosshair when firing the Brace of Pistols. This could happen during regular fire, or during rapid fire shooting, or during reloads.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur where the file “D3DCOMPILER_47.dll” was missing for some players.
10 Likes

Interesting BoP changes, I look forward to testing them. That dodge change was an absolute must with the horrendously sloooooooooooow reload.

1 Like

The days of the skaven is numbered.

2 Likes

Mr Hedge, kindly advise if they patched the latest issue with external gaming controllers that was found to be crashing the game? Did that issue get addressed in this patch? @FatsharkJulia @Fatshark_Hedge

1 Like

We’re trying to reproduce it NoobSlayer but so far haven’t been able to. I just had a try msyelf with my XB1 pad on PC and it plays just fine. If there’s something else you can think of we’d love to hear it as our efforts to reproduce the crash with the pad have so far been fruitless.

3 Likes

I’m using a 360 controller not a xb1 controller. The 360 controller is where my game crashes. If I switch to keyboard it’s fine (though I can’t play that way). Would that make a difference?

Mr Hedge, unfortunately with time constraints as a busy consultant with deadlines and kids having exams, I can’t download the update because the game just distracts my kids too much. They need to study :wink:

But on Friday, I am going to fire up the alienware and take the DLC for a spin. All I am firing up these days is Microsoft excel and visio on my work laptop. Sounds fun eh?

I use Windows10 and an xbox 1 elite controller standard defacto on my rig so I guess we shall see? I just read and heard from people they were having problems. Not sure if its the software or something with their rigs

Wired or wireless? I think I have a wireless one with the dongle I could try. Do you use Windows 10 native pad support or a third party application?

1 Like

Wireless controller that I can plug in for charging purposes. Use a wireless receiver that I plug into computer to connect the controller. I have windows 10 but not sure what you mean by native pad support though?

Native pad support just means hooking up the controller through windows without any additional software. Like if all you do, is plug in the device, and it works on Windows (even if it downloads a driver…) means its native.

Native. I had to install the proper drivers but no other software utilized

Just got home. Seems to be working now

1 Like

Sounds like old grumpy friend Windows had some backend driver complaints but a couple driver updates fixed your problem… glad to hear its working. Windows 10 is generally pretty stable with the right drivers for everything.

My wife took my kids to the tutors so I downloaded the update and tried out the game. Figured I had a couple hours to poke around.

I personally did not have an installation problem neither did I notice any kind of controller problem.

Many thanks. The weapon actually feels fairly decent now. The push-stab armor damage is still poor though, but I’m fine with it since I’ve always thought cross-pattern attacks look cool but wildly impractical (I guess Kerillian and Bardin are just good at pulling it off?) I’m curious, does the charged attack animation also borrow some of the same mechanics that Bardin’s dual axes have?

Love the change to Incendiary Bombs. I’m a big fan of DoT effects in any game but these were just so inferior to the regular explosive bombs. Now the explosive bombs fit the role of stagger and impact damage while Incendiary can be very effective wave clear and control.
It’s just nice that I have to actually think if I want to drop it for the explosive instead of just default to it.

2 Likes

Delete patrol.zip please. It is funny when chaos patrol unpacking in front you but still.

1 Like

Very much enjoy the changes to the explosion damage against bosses! Actually feels more authentic now! Thanks FS. Also the incendiary bombs - yep the bombs feel much better! Cheers

1 Like

Btw, the flame thrower rats death explosion is amazing now. Like a small little nuke going off, complete with a mushroom cloud. Very nice

1 Like

But the Kerillian line where she says she expected an explosion, but oh well, still plays.

1 Like

Brace of pistols are feeling fineee…

The reload animation makes them feel a lot less “gamey”, but it did slow down their performance somewhat. Not anymore! They shred bosses.

Zaygr - I like to think she’s saying it’s an unimpressive explosion, rather than no explosion at all. In her own Kerillian way at least.

1 Like