Mace and Sword is bad

Admittedly, @Warren, the DLC came out yesterday… there’s going to be some fine tuning. Also, as @hanzy mentions, there was a buff to their damage and there is also this thread on the power attack:

I haven’t used the weapons so I can’t confirm or deny it, but some other folks don’t seem to agree with the sentiment that the weapons are:

I so do hope that there is more constructive criticism in the world as opposed to saying they are just trash. What about the weapon illusions don’t you like? Post pictures of them, show a side-by-side comparison… I haven’t seen them yet, so I can’t argue whether they look bad or not (which would certainly be an opinion).

As far as everyone getting a dual-wield weapon set… I think they just wanted to bring some other characters to the “cool dual-wielding style” than anything else. When something new is introduced you can certainly try it, but you certainly don’t need to switch to it exclusively. I still like to have a shield on Ironbreaker and Foot-Knight, but Mercenary Kruber could certainly dual-wield a mace&sword thematically. The only non-expert melee combatant in the group is Sienna, so it sorta fits that she didn’t get one.

EDIT: I believe these are the details mentioned by @hanzy:

3 Likes