[PC] Vermintide 2 - Patch 1.2.1 BETA & Hotfix #2

Apparently thats the situation as exactly you described. That exotic item retains the skin except its now a Veteran class item. Just no Veteran skin. A sienna Banns boltcaster remains a banns boltcaster. A kruber Aunty Bessie remains a kruber Aunty Bessie. Just perfect rerollable stats.

Well, we’ll see if they are planning to change that in the future. But all in all a great patch :slight_smile:

They asked on Reddit some time ago if people would like to get the illusions as well upon upgrading with a red dust system. The feedback was clearly yes.

I don’t mind it and I understand the point Hedge made here especially considering their love for RNG. :wink:

3 Likes

Ok, that brings some clarity. Well, to be honest, I don’t want to spend my bright dust on weapons in that case. But that’s ok I guess, I will get all the weapons for all the careers eventually :slight_smile:

Well If you don’t have the weapon you want to play with and have duplicates to spare go for it but I would wait till the beta is over just in case.

@Fatshark_Hedge… why still not buff for Huntsman?

We have a career with talents/active thought to do more damage to huge targets like bosses, that does less damage than other ranged careers against bosses.

Huntsman, Pyro, BH and WS are very well balanced against specials and elite: they have pro and cons… so why punish Huntsman with this ridicolous damage against bosses?

Before patch that added auto-crit under active, Huntsman was perfectly balanced… after you have (rightly) fixed these auto-crits… but also reduced the damage multiplier. Just why?

@souI23 … why still not buff for Witch Hunter Commander?

We have a career that (aim of this career is still debated).

Huntsman, Pyro, BH, WS are top tier and everything else is well balanced, they have pro and cons… so why punish Witch Hunter Commander?

Just give him something by SIGMAR!

@Fatshark_Hedge Were the red drop rates changed at all for this beta? I’ve been doing Legend Deeds with twitch mode on for the last 5-6 hours with premade 4 man teams. I’ve opened around 30+ Legend vaults, not a single red between any of us? Are we just really unlucky tonight?

Also, for twitch mode, the bosses drop dice is pretty OP XD We’ve ended most runs with 7-9 dice plus books, at least when we don’t have the deed for no pickups on the map. Still it’s nearly an instant emperors chest every time.

But seriously, well done on the patch. Been having so much fun trying different builds on characters I normally don’t play because I didn’t have maxed stat weapons. Was able to craft all the bardin and sienna weapons I wanted and now I can mess around and find a build I like best.

so uhm… when is this live :D?

9 hours ago.

WHC is another career that needs some love, like BW, RV and maybe some others… but HS, Pyro, BH and WS are well balanced only against specials and elites, not against bosses. Empire longbow does 22,75 (with great rate of fire) or 63,75 (with slow rate of fire). Volley Xbow does 95,25 (with great rate of fire).

We have a career that (aim of this career is still debated)

Hunter’s Prowl, MAKE ‘EM BLEED and MAKIN’ IT LOOK EASY objectively increase damage against bosses… so we have “three slots” (at least in part) wasted… since we don’t do more damage to bosses.

1 Like

i meant when is this beta content no longer beta but live XD

Those classes are not weak, they just take the most customizing. You really have to build them correctly for them to shine. WHC is actually great, I have a lot of fun with him. As for RV, try this build,

http://verminbuilds.com/#20e12e733d4c-aaa4edffe518

It will allow you to 1 shot all specials and SV, as well as 2 shot marauders and so on. You can switch around the lvl 15 talent however you want.

1 Like

I’m really satisfied with this, I expected waaay worse. I mean we shouldn’t be seeing any of this fixed in October, but hey, Slimdolphin does as Slimdolphin does, what a surprise.

Really neat for the last update we get for the next 3-4 months as PS4 is worked on.

And, uh, I don’t think people realize that when it’s pointed out that WHC, RV and BW ‘need love’ or whatever, it doesn’t mean they need plain numeric buffs. Nobody is saying they’re 100% worthless. They’re just very flawed in their design and fail to achieve much of anything without extreme fiddlyness and making you wonder why you aren’t playing the other careers. I say that as someone who mains WHC, RV and BW.

They need to be polished up and made more interesting, not more powerful. I don’t want WHC to have higher numbers, I want his stupid tag thing to be less stupid. I don’t want BW to have a few more percent to her block cost reduction, I want her to make any sort of earthly sense and for her ult to be useful for literally anything but crowd control and boss stun. Etc etc etc, similar to how the last man standing talents aren’t bad because their numbers are low, but they’re bad because why

1 Like

I thought the same about WHC until trying a couple new builds.

Build 1:

Melee: Rapier, Crit Chance, Block Cost Reduction, Swift Slaying
Ranged: Brace of Pistols, Crit Chance, PvChaos, Scrounger
Necklace: Health, Block Cost Reduction, Boon of Shallya
Charm: PvInfantry, Attack Speed, Concoction
Trinket: Crit Chance, Movement Speed, Grenadier
Talents: 1 2 3 2 1

I got that one from a J_Sat video, but I don’t know if he’s the originator of it. Popping your ult and blasting away with brace of pistols when your crit chance is that high is very satisfying.

For most public/quickplay matches though, I prefer Build 2.

Build 2:
Melee: Rapier, Crit Chance, Block Cost Reduction, Swift Slaying
Ranged: Crossbow, PvArmoured, PvSkaven, Conservative Shooter
Necklace: Health, Block Cost Reduction, Boon of Shallya
Charm: PvArmoured, PvSkaven, Decanter
Trinket: Crit Chance, Movement Speed, Grenadier
Talents: 1 2 3 2 1

This is a real beast. One-shot stormvermin on body shots, wreck most specials, etc.

If I had all my careers to 100 wins right now, I would be playing WHC almost exclusively.

Edit:

They already fixed it. It refreshes every time you tag an enemy now.

2 Likes

But you still have CD on a tag. Why can’t it be just +20% dmg taken by taggable enemies w/o using tag at all?

1 Like

It would be too strong. Plus, it would remove an interaction us players have with the game. Try one of those builds I posted for a bit. Afterwards, I think you’ll agree that WHC would be OP if his tagging ability were to be buffed.

As things stand, Witch Hunter Captain is on equal footing with Bounty Hunter and Zealot in legend games. Witch Hunter Captain is infinitely more able to clutch if your team goes down than BH. Zealot is better in the clutch role, of course, but then WHC is much better than Zealot at killing specials and ranged fighting in general.

Figuring out Witch Hunter Captain (with the help of others, it’s not stuff i came up with myself) gave me a new appreciation for the people at Fatshark.

2 Likes

I was having a lot of fun doing the WHC map completion just stabbing things in the head with a rapier.

I’m assuming that the Killing Shot is just like +100 damage to a crit headshot rather than an instant death trigger, kinda like how Killing Blow in V1 worked?

Here noone has said that Huntsman, WHC, RV, etc etc are sh*tty or boring… every career is fun and every career can be important; but simply some career are just outperformed or are too niche.

Just an example? BW passive reduces overheat… nice, but also Pyro has an ability like that, plus tons of crits and damage.

p.s thanks @SmokerT69 for the build

1 Like

np @souI23

Was there a change to the Fireball staff @Fatshark_Hedge ? That thing is the god of stun now, can just perma lock CWs. Also, kinda curios why Pyro and Unchained got such massive buffs? I don’t think anyone has ever complained about them being under powered?