Coming from Vermintide: End Times, I’d say that Patrols used to be far scarier then they are currently.
- Attack Speed & Damage lower across the board.
- Smaller waves of harder to kill Skaven + More drops incentivized using your Ammo & Bombs against trash.
- No Ults. You simply have no Stagger/Evade/Kill abilities to either buy time or out-aggro the patrol.
- Total of 12 Stormvermin per Patrol
- 2x Bombs could only kill in the center of the explosion. Strength pot could kill at best half of them in one bomb.
- Only the Axes, Glaive, Executioner, Pickaxe or Dual weapons could reliably 1 to 2 shot Stormvermin.
- All firearms/staves that could 1-Shot Stormvermin required headshots.
- Each patrol is a whopping 14 Stormvermin
- Overheads would one-shot you, no exceptions.
- 2x Bombs won’t even immediately kill any. Strength pot will only kill those in the center.
Tl;Dr You should stealth and wait for them to pass by… but in the right position, enough faith and skill in your gear, some expendable resources and a deathwish; Face danger head-first and make Okri Proud. That’s what the patrols are meant to be.