MOD RELATED, not a game bug - Console logs folder grows to tens of gigabytes, yesterday's session 4GB

Steps to reproduce: play the game

I don’t know what all gets logged, but the logs get so huge that eventually Windows starts to complain about low disk space and I check with WinDirStat what is taking space, and it’s always the console logs folder under %APPDATA% (40GB is not unusual)

Edit: I don’t know if this is related, but cleaning the folder seems to make the game forget my keybindings. Happened twice now

Well known issue with UI Tweaks and why there is [BROKEN] in the title

1 Like

I’m assuming you’re using UI tweaks?
Apparently it’s caused by a VMF update and UI tweaks not interacting nicely.

Disabling logging in VMF settings or disabling UI tweaks should fix that

1 Like

Correct… Just looked at one after a match, full of lua errors unfortuantely

Disabling logging just stops it from printing out UI Tweaks’ errors in ingame chat,not the actual log file itself.Either disable it completely,keep deleting the logs(hope to god you dont have an SSD) or use someone’s method on reddit to disable the logging completely(uses a 3rd party software though)

2 Likes

Disable the UI Tweaks mod. It is currently desanctioned and is marked as ‘[BROKEN]’ in its workshop page and in the game’s launcher. As per a Nov. 23 comment in the UI Tweaks workshop page by Fatshark_Calavera:

We’ve had several reports of the UI Tweaks mod creating massive (up to several GB!) log files due to an incompatibility with patch 3.4 (Engineer release).

We are unsanctioning this mod as a precaution while we look into potential solutions.

If you have used this mod since patch 3.4, you’re advised to check your console log directory for any massive logs. It’s it’s safe to delete them.

Where to find the console logs

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Vermintide 2\console_logs

[quote=“munis, post:1, topic:42901”]
…make the game forget my keybindings. Happened twice now
[/quote]

This has happened to me too. The marking of favorited items got deleted too. Might be related to the drive space issue caused by UI Tweaks. Make sure to regularly back up %AppData%\Fatshark\Vermintide 2\save_data.sav - this is where keybinds and item favorite status are saved. Also, in the same directory is a save_data.old file, a backup of save_data.sav - you can try restoring that file if your keybinds get reset again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.