Moar character slots?

Just saying, i love and adore the amazing work of DT’s Voice actors and its a shame i cant have them all.

I think the current max character cap is at 8, and increasing it to 21 would allow us to make each voice a unique character… it would probs end up as a complete mess im just thinking out loud.

anyway keep the updates and news coming! im excited for the future of Darktide. <3

2 Likes

in general, more options are always welcome, though keep in mind come the new update you´ll be able to chance much of that on an existing character at the barber.

and i say that as someone having had 8 barbarians in age of conan :smile:

1 Like

Having a character for each voice type is a little crazy. They are adding the option to swap the voice of your existing characters, so that should be good enough as you can hear all the voicelines but not have to level 1 to 30 and get good gear again, just for a voice change

1 Like

Why? If they want to level up 21 characters I can’t see any problem. Maybe they enjoy the levelling process as there is an actual feeling of progression.

I myself created 7 characters by now with the according mod. Though my second psyker is going to be deleted once the new update is live. My second vet and zealot will stay though. :slight_smile:

Not sure there is a true limit…

I have “limited” my loadouts to 20 (or maybe 18) cause more it start to mess with the interface…
I suppose you could change the value in the mod and create more than 8… not sure FS would appreciate such move, but considering there is a low population not sure it would be a big problem for them (but it would if there was 100k players).

I said for a voice change its crazy, likeing the leveling process has nothing to do with this

1 Like

I highly doubt anyone enjoys it

2 Likes

Once the character customisation update happens then you could do this within the game once loaded in with a current character. He/she would just have to have the same name I think (unless name change can be saved per slot).

In the top right corner of the current character inventory page, you have a little version button that allows you to save different versions of the same character… So you can quickly change between builds/costumes. I think you can save about 8 builds per character and can only assume it would allow for different body types etc once the update is released. Would be nice to have that confirmed though.

I only found out about the build version saves by pure accident. Nothing is explained in this game :joy:

Edit; maybe ‘build slots’ explains them better…

We’ll see tomorrow, but I’m fairly confident we won’t have different character attributes (voice/body type) per loadout.

Would be a shame. No real difference to a change of costume really, which is saved individually per build slot I believe?

Yea, it’d be great if that were the case, but the backend is already setup with character attributes being separate from loadouts, and I am very very doubtful that will change.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.