Lurker Adds 2¢ on Stagger (Vermintide-Diablo)

To be honest, my whole thing at this point is recognizing that Fatshark’s solutions to problems need to be very general, because their game is unfortunately a mess and it’s hard for them to fix individual problems. The reason for the initial dodge changes was because they couldn’t reliably fix ice skating enemies and hyperdensity, netcode issues, all that jazz. Undoing them just makes those problems more relevant for people, and stagger slowing the game down kills the pacing for many on top of everything else. Hyperdensity is never going away, it’s just part of the game. Reducing enemy counts means it’s mitigated, at least somewhat, since fewer enemies are going to be available to bunch up in the first place. It also provides visual clarity for things like dodging, line of sight, etc.

Actually, instead of just going over the points again and again, I should probably just link the topic and hope that it gives people something to think about. I’m optimistic that it’s a good next step because it’s an easy fix, which is what this company needs right now.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, as well. Discussions like this are sort of refreshing.