Let's Talk About..... The End

Among other things, one of the biggest pieces of end game content I was hoping for was an SDK for the modding community to build maps on, in a way not unlike Killing Floor where you can even change the enemies and characters as well as dialogue. We would be able to play any custom map in the modded world, and for the official realm there would be a monthly/bimonthly community playlist picked out by Fatshark, which would typically be well-polished maps that mesh with the game’s atmosphere.

At this point though, I would say it’s a missed opportunity.

1 Like

I still have hope for some kind of Map Editor thing, but I have heard rumours that it’s driven by Stingray technology which isn’t something most people have access to.

Just an idea. No body talked about it in this thread. What would about prestige. So you have a reason to lvl a char again. With every prestige you should get something interesting. Maybe some cosmetic stuff which you only get with prestige. and not only other color. I mean a complete other armor and helmet. Maybe more stuff than only cosmetics. Maybe you get after a prestige 15% more xp that you can lvl faster. Maybe they could add some prestige frames and with every prestige you get a better frame.

Next points the deeds i have so much deeds in my inventory because i dont need to make them. For me the reward is to less to make this deeds. Thats 1 of 2 things which i think was better in V1. I liked in V1 that you can collect keyes to get an cosmetic item or a red item. The other thing i think which was better in V1 is the crafting. It was possible to improve a attribute without rerole. I can not understand why its not in here.

Another point i cant understand is the frames in the HQ. In the beta you could change the pictues and in the released game not. Why im asking me? And its still not in after a half year and a DLC later. WTF. They could add pictures which you get after some challenges and if they add prestige for that too and maybe some pictures from opening boxes. But than the boxes must give you more cosmetics stuff. Generelly they could add some cosmetic items for some special challenges. For excample you must complete legend with a special time or special weapon or etc and than you get a special helme. Than the other guys can see and say ooohh he did this challenge.

A book would be cool where you can look which weapon skins and which cosmetic items you have and which of them you not have. So you can better try to cellect them all.

Than maybe some new modes. First mode some kind of endless waves or a special number of waves and you must survive. Second mode maybe an PvP mode. But not real PvP like CoD or other games. So i dont mean Kruber vs Bardin or something, because the combat system is no system for real PvP i mean more something like that: There are 2 Teams in a different arena and there are spawning enemy waves and that team which stand at the end would win. Something like that so its not a pure player vs player. So you dont need to fight against other players. You still fight against bots but you must be better than other players. A kind of this mode would be cool too i think. Than you have something to compete with others.

Last point a new char would be cool to. Than you have something new for leveling. I would vote for the vampire girl Genevieve Dieudonné, because she was mentioned in this game like other players found out.

Best regards Mike

1 Like

this would be a nice feature.

1 Like

That’s just going to make people quit runs as soon as they lose a book. That’s a very stupid idea mate… People already quit now when you lose a grim and you still have a chance of getting a emps chest with 1 book missing.

Reminding me of COD4… Yea, that could work, would be interesting, I know people with 1000+ lvls currently on their main character.

2 Likes

Yeah seems to be very stupid to get more items and more rewards, if you can take more grims/tomes with you. But better complain about RNG and duplicates and no rewards all the day.
As you said, ppl already leave… they do and they will in the future, because MIMIMI…

If you would read all and think about it, you would see, that it´s not that stupid, because you need more loot to reroll stuff, even if it´s not red.
It´s a pretty simple overall every difficulty rewarding system, where every lil stuff is useful.

Books and challenges are not really rewarding atm. We´ve got tons of crafting-materials, which lie useless on the bench. The whole endgame is grinding chests and hope for RNG.
That would be much better with a system like i described.

2 Likes

It’s not a bad suggestion, but is it worth the trade off for increased toxicity when someone makes an honest mistake and is flamed or even kicked from the game? SmokerT69 and yourself both agree that leavers already exist, he’s just pointing out that a system like your might cause even more people to do the same. Which is the same thing that I’ll point out with my own statement before my throat is jumped down.

People already get kicked or flamed for making mistakes with books, do you really believe in the goodness of humans enough that you think the percentage of instances of flaming, leaving, and kicking over books would not increase with your change?

2 Likes

I already got kicked for lower reasons or just stupid reasons so…

Why is that so?

• 1st of all, a lot of ppl don´t remember, that you can get red´s in more than emperor vault´s. The chance is just the highest one.

• 2nd the game don´t offer anything else.

If you go the way to make EVERYTHING MORE WORTH… every difficulty, deeds, materials, quests… ppl won´t leave 5m before the end, just because someone fcd it up…
That the “i´ll kick you because…” - system is absolutely an abusing mechanic in a premate - grp is BS. We all know that and you can´t deny it.

And don´t forget, that it´s just about legend vaults here. I want to make the whole system more worth for all over the whole gametime.

More low lvl rewards (special glow etc.) makes it more worth to lvl up every char, help new players / friends or finally finish some recruit / veteran deeds.
More rewards for a full-book-run would make that “difficulty” more worth. It´s just higher difficulties = higher rewards = faster max gear. It´s actually state is - hope for good mates, hope for RNG. The fastest way to get red´s is probably “rush every legend run without books”.
And you can do it, because you don´t need anything else… everyone with atleast 100h gametime will have tons of mats to reroll his favorite weapon.

BUT if you need every stuff you get from your chests, because you can´t reroll / max out your gear that fast, noone will leave, just because of a missed grim.

And maybe i didn´t described it correctly. You´re able to get red´s everytime on champ/legend with the dropchance, we had in the past. (Before th Okri Update)
The chance with fullbooks is just slightly increased.
You´ll earn the most red´s about the black/red dust from mapquests and lucky drops and the skins from deeds.

So there won´t be any need to leave even with no books, if you´ve finished any mapquest and get your dust.

The toxicity would decrease, if the whole system would reward the players more for her interactions / decisions. “Yes we take that challenge, yes we do that mapquests, yes we take that books.”

Actually it´s “Someone died, we lost our emp chest/hope for RNG.” and there is nothing you could do about it. Someone died to bad luck and that was all.
But if it´s like “Ok we lost a grim, but we still earn our dust and 4 of 5 items.”, the ppl will continue to play.
Maybe 1 of the 4 items is the sword with the rolls you want (since you just can reroll 1 stat) or you even get your red. Nobody knows…

The actually system punishes players for bad luck or just playing bad sometimes. My system would reward players for taking the challenge, playing like god… and even if you lose a book, you won´t get punished, because you´ll still get useful stuff.

I don´t say my idea is perfect, but it offers much more for the endgame, for every player on each difficulty and it´s definately not a punishment.

1 Like

I think the current system virtually forces those players who want to get better loot to always take the grims and tomes whether they have a PUG capable of completing the run or not. Who can remember the last time they did a run where the team weren’t going for full books?

Trouble is, AI director on cocaine suddenly gives you a savage beating and downs everyone - this is not about risk/reward, as there is no real reward for NOT taking the books, although I know there is a much-diminished chance of getting a red without some book or other.

It is beginning to boil down to two options I think;

1 - the entire crafting system is completely reworked to allow the forging of all kinds of weapons using jewellery/dust/scrap. Higher tier weapons require more dust etc. The blueprints for the weapons are unlocked by completion of Deeds - with different red weapon illusions unlocked via different deeds difficulties. Really crappy illusions for the red weapons(you can now make) are available at recruit, some really fancy shiny awesome skins are only available through Legend Deed. <insert similar system with tweaks here - TL;DR overhaul of the crafting system completely >

2 - Something else during runs that increases the possibility of getting reds without needing 3 tomes 2 grims + dice to increase your chance. Some way of rewarding players for playing well, without the risk of an instant down by the AI director or Host-Quit once a grim is lost (this is my personal favourite rage inducer) Also find a use for the scrap/dust that is spewing out of most people’s ears. Spent 500 orange on an item for your keep, or a new hat or something.

The upcoming duplicate-reds-fix-patch will hopefully offer something like this, and not just a
“reroll of your red to get a random alternate red.” That would suck as it just introduces rerolling timesink again…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.