Launcher options not appearing on Linux?

Issue Type (Required):

Launcher

Issue Description (Required):

Using whatever version of proton, the launcher doesn’t have any of the fancy buttons and more importantly, it doesn’t have the “Options” one. I’m still figuring out if the user_config works for the number of worker threads (which it doesn’t seem like from my testings) because I can’t change it in the launcher, since the button isn’t present.
Is it normal ? Is there a way to overcome this issue ? I can’t find anything on the forum or the steam one, I just wanted other people inputs concerning this.
I’m using proton 9.0-1 since I cannot interact with the launcher using proton experimental.
Have a good day!

[PC] Do You Use Mods? (Optional):

Yes, and I’ve tried disabling them

Reproduction Rate (Required):

Constant (100%)

Platform (Required):

Steam (PC)

Player ID (Optional):

[PC] Crash Report (Optional):

1. Launch the game using any version of proton.
  2. Launcher doesn’t have the “option” button or anything else than “Play”

Upload Supporting Evidence (Optional):

Regrettably we aren’t able to provide support for Linux users but there is a small community here that may be able to help.

This post may be of interest to you:

1 Like

Thank you for your answer! I can still play the game so no problem!
So this is normal behavior right?
Is there any way to turn the worker threads option down/up without this button since there are no settings in game for it? At least a kind of documentation on the user_settings file? (because I don’t know if the modifications I made work or not)

Once again thanks for the heads up, I will take a look!

Just wanted to chime in here. I as well have this issue, but it has not really been a problem as the game launches. However, for some reason I am now experiencing an issue after clicking play in the launcher. The shader cache process fails, an error message appears saying “loading dialog is not responding” and I have to force quit. Usually it works fine, but something has changed since patch 37 or maybe a kernel update around the same time. There have been times where it fails 3 or 4 times in a row before the shader cache process works and the game launches. Picture for reference.

Screenshot from 2024-05-17 13-42-33