Kruber spear stagger

Spear is a jack of all trades, master of none. Good for everything, great for nothing… indeed it has more weakpoints compared with other weapons.

• Spear has the same value of stagger as 2h Hammer, but on only half of its attacks, because its combo to deal with hordes is light attack > heavy attack. During the light attack, that is a thrust one, not only you don’t stagger… but there is a risk to be hit;

• Always because half of Spear’s attacks are thrust type, Spear inflicts less damage toward hordes than Exe Sword, wich has an entire combo of sweep attacks;

• Both Exe Sword and 2h Hammer (but also other weapons) have a much better damage vs armors;

• As said, first Spear’s attack is a thrust type; this means that, when you are surrounded, you must push more often compared with weapons that start their combo with a sweep attack. Spear uses more stamina. Moreover the risk to be hit is higher. Moreover again: if you get surrounded and you haven’t stamina, probably you will die.

• And obviously Shields have more defensive power and more stagger. Armory mod says that Shield’s bash has a stagger value of… 4? 6? But I don’t know if it’s a bug of if Shield’s bash works in another way… but clearly it has more stagger.

As you can see, when we compared Spear with “”“top tier weapons”"" (simply the most used), it has pro and cons. It can do a little of everything, but it doesn’t reign in any field. So there isn’t reason to nerf it. Even if we take mid tier weapons, like Halberd or 2h Sword, they have their advantages.

The point is always the same: we must start to buff the unused weapons. We have many weapons totally boring to use, because fighting with them seems beating a wall with a spoon.

We have old beta section, feedback section, Reddit, Steam’s reviews and more polls to understand what most players want. If we nerf everything actually has an impact on enemies, everything that can deal with the new stagger system, the game will become more boring.

P.S: we already talked about this, I don’t know because you have re-written this… but honestly I don’t want repeat myself again so I will not write anymore. If you quote me, you can still see my answers on the other thread.