Krak Grenades not sticking to Monstrosities

Issue Type (Required):

Weapons

Issue Description (Required):

When throwing a Krak grenade at a monstrosity it will not stick unless a direct hit. Compared to Carapace armored enemies that will magnetize from several meters away.

Steps to Reproduce (Required):

1. Play any map as Veteran with Krak grenade blitz
  2. Find Monstrosity
  3. Throw Krak grenade at monstrosity that doesn’t score direct hit
  4. Krak goes off on ground far away from intended target

[PC] Do You Use Mods? (Optional):

Yes, but I haven’t tried disabling them

Reproduction Rate (Required):

Common (<50%)

Platform (Required):

PC - Steam

Video from CobaltNinja:

Not a bug. Krak grenades only magnetize to carapace armor, which no monstrosities have.

Plague ogryns and chaos spawns have small armoured areas the grenade will stick to. Beast and DH don’t.

You can stick them anywhere as long as you get a direct impact, even on a beast of nurgle or daemonhost. Go try it out in the meat grinder if you don’t believe me.

1 Like

From testing myself, here’s the behavior I’ve observed from Krak grenades:

• They will STICK to Carapace, Flak, or Unyielding armors.
  • They will MAGNETIZE to Carapace armor only. This has a large range (~8m?) but is inactive for the first second or so of the throw.
    • Magnet never activates with an underhand throw.
  • Plague Ogryns, Beasts of Nurgle, Chaos Spawn, and Daemonhosts have Unyielding armor type on all body parts, even those with metal visually on them, and thus Kraks will not magnetize.
  • Scab Captains (assassination targets) have Flak Armor, and will be stuck, but not magnetized to. Kraks will not stick to their Void Shields.
  • Karnak Twins will be magnetized to due to having Carapace helmets.
  • All bosses receive stagger immunity for ~5s, at least when it comes from a Krak Grenade. Timer starts as soon as they become staggered.

Video demonstration of magnet/sticky behaviors. Karnak twins not shown because I didn’t think of them while recording this and I don’t want to record another video.

I recommend that Unyielding armor type also be magnetized to to make it feel consistent with standard Ogryn enemies - since those all have Carapace armor (Reapers have it on their right shoulder), it gives the appearance that it will attract to Unyielding armors, when that’s not actually the case. It will not affect any other enemies than bosses - Scab Captains should also be given a bit of (inaccessible?) Unyielding armor to magnet to, since they’re fully Flak.

The Krak Grenade description says:

Throw a grenade that deals devastating Damage. Sticks to Flak Armored, Carapace Armored & Unyeilding Enemies.

The magnatization should happen to all enemies with those armor types or none. I’d suggest a prioritization based on enemy hitmass so that largest enemies have the highest draw do that it doesn’t always stick to a random scab.

Thank you for the testing and video, can I add it to the original post? My instant replay has not been working so I wasn’t able to save a video of it.

Yes, go for it.

I wouldn’t make it magnetize to Flak armor, because that runs the risk of a random trash mob stealing a krak intended for a Crusher way behind it. That’s why I suggested giving Scab Captains an invisible and unhittable Unyielding armor, and making Kraks magnetize to Unyielding - only non-Scab Bosses and Ogryns have Unyielding armor, so it’s a simple change.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.